what size subs shuld i get???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what size subs shuld i get???

im thinkin of gettin 2 12" rockford fosgates...but some of ma friends have been sayin that it might bee too much becuz ders not enuff trunk space so although the sound will sound good inside the car, from the outside it will sound horrible....what do you guys think should i go with 2 12's or 10's, why or why not???

Re: what size subs shuld i get???

you can fit 2 twleves with no problem... but thats alot for any vehicle. I think two tens are better. You won't have to get a bigger amp or worry about fitment. But if you want to be the louderst on the block then get 12's

either way it will be loud. 2 tens with thump really good with the right box and amp.
    Welcome future UK stars... Darius Miller, Deandre Liggins, Kevin Galloway, Josh Harrellson

Comment

Get 12's.

If you get 10's eventually you will get use to it and ask yourself "I wonder what 12's would sound like" and then you're just going to spend more money. If you're going to do it might as well do it right the first time.

You're friends are right about there not being a lot of space. I got my box on ebay it is custom fit for a camaro. It gives me 3 cubes (1.5) each. Thats enough space to work with especially in a sealed box. I run 2 12' Alpine Type R's each getting 600rms (2400watt peak in total) and it took me about 3 different systems until I was happy.

I had 2 12' kicker comp's, a Kicker 12' L5 (the square one) which was by far the loudest but it wouldnt go in my trunk so I sold it, and now these. I have no desire to upgrade anything.

As far as it sounding horrible from the outside, either way you go you are going to have rattles. Its just a matter of eliminating them.
      1998 Camaro V6 \"Black Mamba\"<br />Y87<br />Whisper Lid w/ K&N filter<br />Flowmaster American Thunder<br />Numerous appearance mods.<br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2154172\" target=\"_blank\">Car Domain</a>

Comment

A nice pair of 12's has always sounded great in Camaro's. From experience back in my old IASCA days, Camaro's seem to naturally boost bass anyway. Our shop demo ride, which was a 3rd generation back then, always had to attenuate to low end much to get it balanced for show.

Lounge Moderator

Comment

your friends are idiots. go 12. who the hell cares what it sound like outside the car ? dont buy a stereo for the neighborhood buy it for yourself. and fyi i have 2 12" infinities and some dynamat in the trunk. all that really rattles is the blackout covers.
          1997 Camaro LS1 RS
          1994 Camaro - Sold
          1999 Trans am Vert - Sold

A Few Mods....

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Rs
            your friends are idiots. go 12. who the hell cares what it sound like outside the car ? dont buy a stereo for the neighborhood buy it for yourself. and fyi i have 2 12" infinities and some dynamat in the trunk. all that really rattles is the blackout covers.
            QFT... dont buy subs so theyre loud outside the car, thats just a waste of bass...
            2000 Camaro 3800 A4

Comment

Originally posted by 00 Silver 6
              QFT... dont buy subs so theyre loud outside the car, thats just a waste of bass...
              exactly... if you want it to be loud so that everyone down the street hears it then buy an SUV. They sound the best with a sound system. I just don't understand the 12 inch subs in a sports car. But thats just me. Do what you like. I say 10 because that should be good enough. Hell get just one 12
              Welcome future UK stars... Darius Miller, Deandre Liggins, Kevin Galloway, Josh Harrellson

Comment

i have 2 12'' rockford P3's and they are really loud.. this is my second system and its crazy loud compared to my first
                1999 Black Pontiac Firebird <br />2 Rockford Fosgate P312D4 subs <br />Hifonics Brutus 1205d amp<br />Clear Sidemarkers<br />18\" Arelli Jovan Chrome Wheels

Comment

How about 1 12"? That way, you get the lows that 10" can't do, and its still going to be loud. I have 2 12s (L5s) and they are really friggin loud.
                  <b><i>Don\'t Ever Judge Me</i></b><br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/earnhardt132000\" target=\"_blank\">\'96 Firebird Y87 3.8L V6 5spd</a><br />--No mods as of yet, shoot me some ideas if ya want.<br />178,000 miles and counting

Comment

2-12"s...i wonder what 1-12" and 1-10" would sound like...getting both ranges of bass...hmmm

but yea two-12's for me...works real nice
                    1999 Camaro Z/28
                    1973 Firebird Formula

Comment

1 10'' and 1 12''... would be complicated to hook up i'd think... you wouldn't want to run them off the same amp i wouldnt think
                      1999 Black Pontiac Firebird <br />2 Rockford Fosgate P312D4 subs <br />Hifonics Brutus 1205d amp<br />Clear Sidemarkers<br />18\" Arelli Jovan Chrome Wheels

Comment

Originally posted by badinfluenceRS
                        2-12"s...i wonder what 1-12" and 1-10" would sound like...getting both ranges of bass...hmmm

but yea two-12's for me...works real nice
                        Sometimes playing a 12 and a 10 on the same frequencies can cause some undesired cancellations.

Lounge Moderator

Comment

Originally posted by Bonemaro
                          Sometimes playing a 12 and a 10 on the same frequencies can cause some undesired cancellations.
                          QFT again... 2 different size subs will not give you good sound quality at all... i had a 10" and a 15" in my first car (when i was young and stupid) and it didnt sound right at all... so learn from my idiocy and PLEASE stick to the same size subs
                          2000 Camaro 3800 A4

Comment

Originally posted by Bonemaro
                            Also having two of the same sized subs in different sized enclosures can yield similar undesirable results.

Go for the 12"s. Check my sig and tell me you can't fit two 12"s under the hatch of an f-bod.:naughty:
                            Red 96' A4 Firebird
                            Audio Audio and Autotek
                            Check it out here!

Comment

i've got a 1400 watt amp with 2 12" infinity subs (1252w each)....it just fits inside my hatchback and it might be louder than a jet engine

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X