Scanners and CB's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scanners and CB's

Anyone have police scanners or CB radios in their cars? Thought it would be interesting to have since I drive on the interstate so much. I really don't wanna go the route of having the big *** whip antenna though. I mean, it is an F-body, not a Charger.
    \'99 3.8 Firebird<br />Red, T-Tops, Chrome Dante 17\'s, Cold Air Intake, Free Ram Air, K&N Filter, Flowmaster Duels, Performance Plugs/Wires, CATless, Smoothed out Lid<br /><br />Young girls avert their eyes, weak men tremble, Ford dealers faint...<i>Firebird Power!!</i>

Re: Scanners and CB's

these 80's called and they said they want their mullet back.
    2000 3.8 A4 Pewter Camaro

Comment

Hey, I can dig the '80s if it lets me know the cops are a couple miles ahead or if there's a traffic jam I can avoid.
      \'99 3.8 Firebird<br />Red, T-Tops, Chrome Dante 17\'s, Cold Air Intake, Free Ram Air, K&N Filter, Flowmaster Duels, Performance Plugs/Wires, CATless, Smoothed out Lid<br /><br />Young girls avert their eyes, weak men tremble, Ford dealers faint...<i>Firebird Power!!</i>

Comment

I hd one in mine untill a few months ago. I got a through the glass Ant. and it worked OK not as good as a wilson but gave me a couple of miles.
        Remember that sometimes, silence is the best answer.<br />Warren White<br />1996 PoloGreen Coup <a href=\"http://vampyr.settanni.net/\" target=\"_blank\">http://vampyr.settanni.net/</a> <br />\"Jealousy\"<br /> CTFBA member of the month Sept 03

Comment

I had a CB mounted in my 1982 Camaro Berlinetta. That was back in 1989.

Comment

i drive the turnpike from cleveland to toledo for school alot on weekends and have a cb with a short antenna as well as a passport 8500 x50... cb helps alot since the staties use laser
            2000 v6 a4 Camaro

Comment

i'm glad nobody uses laser around here, i have a whistler xtr-560

Comment

we had one in the suburban... really great for finding out about traffic during our trips to talledega, bristol, and richmond for nascar races. Also good for weather conditions... finding rest stops on long trips and state boys.
                Welcome future UK stars... Darius Miller, Deandre Liggins, Kevin Galloway, Josh Harrellson

Comment

I used to have a Cobra 75 WX ST All-in-handset Mobile CB installed with a CB antenna where the factory FM antenna was located. The CB's base was mounted underneath the center console out of sight and the handset (when used) would lay next to my right leg. The CB antenna was removed from a magnetic base and mounted to the factory stud. The FM antenna was relocated to the windshield using a "hidden" style antenna that basically taped to the windshield behind the a-pillars.

With this setup, I had near perfect 1:1 SWR readings and much better FM radio reception.

Several years ago I had the windshield replaced which destroyed the hidden FM antenna and since I hardly drove the Camaro anymore, I just disconnected the CB coax from the stock antenna stud and hooked the FM coax back up and put the stock FM antenna back.

Here's a pic of the CB antenna install.

Jason McCallister, Founder & Webmaster<br /><a href=\"http://www.wtfba.org\" target=\"_blank\">West Tennessee F-Body Association, Inc.</a><br /><br />2000 Camaro - <a href=\"http://www.wtfba.org/site/view_member.php?ID=68\" target=\"_blank\">Details</a>

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X