volume level goes up and down

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• volume level goes up and down

When the volume is manually set at about 60% (or more) on a stock stereo system the system's audible volume fades in and out (goes up and down).
    The manually set head unit's volume level itself stays static (doesnt change).

Its definately a hardware problem and probably time for new HW :rant: :rant: :tdown:
    Thanks
    2k2 camaro, K&N, SLP whisper lid, Konis, AEM, HP Tuners, Angel eyes/Halos, CF SS ram air hood, 4.10s, Zexel Torsen, UMI SFCs, CrossFire, BFGs, Gatorback, Catco, Flows, and TLC! DONT feed the Trolls!

Re: volume level goes up and down

Get a new head unit. Mine did the same. I replaced it with a Kenwood deck!

Comment

is it that thing that increases the volume to counter road noise? speed-compensated volume ?

Comment

Turn down the "ringed knob" that's around your volume knob. Its the sensitivity feature that adjusts the volume automatically due to engine noise. Your volume probably goes up when you get on the highway and goes down when you get off the highway, right?
        1999 Camaro V6 3.8L A4<br />Red, T-tops, Monsoon<br />No mods.......yet.

Comment

no, I'm not that stupid :(
          Its not even on a chevy
          speed has NOTHING to do with it

I'll describe it as "volume cutting out" next time
          thanks
          2k2 camaro, K&N, SLP whisper lid, Konis, AEM, HP Tuners, Angel eyes/Halos, CF SS ram air hood, 4.10s, Zexel Torsen, UMI SFCs, CrossFire, BFGs, Gatorback, Catco, Flows, and TLC! DONT feed the Trolls!

Comment

oh, sorry. i didn't see who was posting the question.

sounds like a ground issue or maybe a pre-out problem (also possibly ground related).

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X