wierd interior light issuses

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wierd interior light issuses

out of no where my interior light (dome and rear view) lights are coming on when i hit bumps or cracks in the road, or anytime the car shakes.

they go right back off, but its annoying as anything and its really bothering me. i have no clue what it could be.

it has nothing to do with the headlights being on or off, or the interior light control thing (turns up the dash light, or turns on the dome lights when up all the way)
    1998 bright red camaro ,M5 ,Y87 ,stock<br /><br />Originally posted by Rune:<br />If it smells like a turd and looks like a turd, chances are its probably not a candy bar.

Re: wierd interior light issuses

first thing i would do would be check my fuse box

Comment

Check to see if your trunk is closed, well, properly that is.
      Last edited by '97RedBird; 02-22-2007, 08:52 PM.

Comment

if it not something weird like a hatch switch, then you have a short to power somewhere in the wiring
        2000 3.8 A4 Pewter Camaro

Comment

Originally posted by BLLDOGG
          if it not something weird like a hatch switch, then you have a short to power somewhere in the wiring
          that was my original thought, but only when i hit bumps? doesnt make alot of sence.

ill check the hatch and fuses today. thanks guys.
          1998 bright red camaro ,M5 ,Y87 ,stock<br /><br />Originally posted by Rune:<br />If it smells like a turd and looks like a turd, chances are its probably not a candy bar.

Comment

mine does that once awhile...not a lot tho

87 Firebird RIP
            96 Camaro RS RIP
            94 Patriot Red 1LE Z28 - Sold
            02 WS6 TA - Sold

Comment

Originally posted by SilverRS96
              mine does that once awhile...not a lot tho
              it happens almost EVERY time the car shakes/hits a bump. on a 5 minute drive it does it 8-9 times easy, its really annoying.

Comment

Lmao, I'm glad my car isn't the only one... only once in a while for me though

Comment

Originally posted by loser
                  that was my original thought, but only when i hit bumps? doesnt make alot of sence.

ill check the hatch and fuses today. thanks guys.
                  well, shorts normally are not a constant contact type situation. usually its two bare wires or more that touch when jarred and just usually do not touch while just at reast.

Comment

Originally posted by BLLDOGG
                    well, shorts normally are not a constant contact type situation. usually its two bare wires or more that touch when jarred and just usually do not touch while just at reast.
                    i understand what a short is, but it just seems odd becuase i havent touched anything eletircal in my car sence ive gotten it. i just pulled the fuse for now, good anough for the time being.

Comment

shorts don't happen necessarily because you screwed with it, things just rub together or on something sharp.

Comment

Originally posted by loser
                        out of no where my interior light (dome and rear view) lights are coming on when i hit bumps or cracks in the road, or anytime the car shakes.

they go right back off, but its annoying as anything and its really bothering me. i have no clue what it could be.

it has nothing to do with the headlights being on or off, or the interior light control thing (turns up the dash light, or turns on the dome lights when up all the way)

I have them same problem, but only when it's cold.
                        Robert - owner www.FirebirdV6.com "Mid-life crisis? I'm way beyond that!"

1996 Black Firebird GTxxxRam Air V6 w/ M5xxxwww.FirebirdGT.com

Raven

Comment

its only happend to me 1 time and it was cuz i forgot to shut the hatch all the way and when i hit a bump or took a turn it would make the lights flash, so ide be looking around the hatch area to see if its not shutting all the way or isnt shutting at all...

Comment

Originally posted by FirebirdGT
                            I have them same problem, but only when it's cold.
                            im considering this too, becuase it just started happening, and its hasnt been warmer than 35 in quite some time.

i just pulled the fuse for now, i checked the hatch and it didnt fix the problem so im just going to leave the fuse out untill it warms up a bit, then put it back in and see.

it seems like theres 4-5 of us that have this problem, its really strange.

Comment

Loser....

Do you have a 96? I was having this problem and read somewhere that the 96's had an issue with the BCM's going bad. I took mine out and found a burnt spot on the board, ran some new solder over top of burnt section and no more problems of flashing dome when I hit bumps, or turn, or give it gas, or hit the brakes. It started with bumps but got worse to the point it was driving me nuts and I pulled the fuse but once I resoldered board its been fine. Good luck
                              Originally posted by kala
                              I'll have buttsecks with Richard Simmons!

TEAM BLACK!!!
                              parting her out

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X