**NEWS??** 93-97 Firebird Halogen Conversion Kit - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

**NEWS??** 93-97 Firebird Halogen Conversion Kit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• **NEWS??** 93-97 Firebird Halogen Conversion Kit

Well, I searched around and was unable to find any posts on this.

I work at a NAPA store and yesterday we were visited by our BOSCH rep. I remembered bosch used to make halogen conversion kits for the old 7" round sealed beams, so I decided to ask him about any of the new sealed beams. Low and behold, they make one that will fit into the 93-97 (And probably older" firebirds.

The kit comes with two lenses, two bulbs and new connectors. It converts our sealed beam to a standard H4 bulb, which can be replaced with much brighter H4 bulbs. Best of all, it can be purchased at any NAPA store.

The part number for our car is BOS SBQ46 and costs around $140CDN to a retail customer.

I've got 100/80w xenon bulbs in mine, up from a silverstar 60/55w and it makes a huge difference at night.
    Representin' Team Red In The North

Red '96 Pontiac Firebird "Smokeshow" 3800, M5, Far From Stock!!

Black/Red '89 Jeep Cherokee "Tigerclaw" Chev 327, Turbo 400... Stock What??

Black/Red '02 Honda CBR 954RR Fireblade

Re: **NEWS??** 93-97 Firebird Halogen Conversion Kit

Be careful not to melt your headlight switch or wires with the brighter bulbs. It's known to happen.

Comment

I called my local napa and have no such part...yet....wish they did i would buy them now. I hate the lights i have now.
      30th Anniversary Camaro<br />White with platinum pearl w/metallic midnite blue racing stripes.<br />SLP CAI, Flowmaster exhaust, Taylor wires, NGK\'s, Streetglow Undercar neon (blue)<br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/1352101\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/ride/1352101</a>

Comment

anything for the camaros 93-97?
        sigpic
        1996 Chevrolet Camaro
        1995 Buick Park Avenue Ultra
        --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

Chaotic Firebird: Already took care of that. Ran new 14ga wire throught the whole system.

1SL1k30thCam: Could be possible that its not avaliable in the US, but I doubt it. I ordered it directly from the NAPA distribution center, who gets their bosch products from the bosch warehouse in the states. Check out another store close to you, they might be able to find it.

TheGr8Schlotzky: Unfortunately, nothing for those tiny sealed beams. I looked already because my roomate has a 96 camaro and he coughs up $240 for 4 lights almost anually.

Comment

Originally posted by Dawizman
            Chaotic Firebird: Already took care of that. Ran new 14ga wire throught the whole system.

he coughs up $240 for 4 lights almost anually.
            well thats stupid then because you can just do the conversion to reg 9006 and 9005 bulbs using rtv sealant
            1997 Camaro LS1 RS
            1994 Camaro - Sold
            1999 Trans am Vert - Sold

A Few Mods....

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Rs
              well thats stupid then because you can just do the conversion to reg 9006 and 9005 bulbs using rtv sealant
              Thats what I did, I get a good laugh when i see all these $$$ conversion kits.

Save yourself some money and hassle:
              http://performanceworks1.com/headlightmod.htm

Still using stock wiring and use my headlights everyday, no problems. :tup:

Comment

Originally posted by FableLifeV6
                Thats what I did, I get a good laugh when i see all these $$$ conversion kits.

Save yourself some money and hassle:
                http://performanceworks1.com/headlightmod.htm

Still using stock wiring and use my headlights everyday, no problems. :tup:
                Thats easy enough with the camaro bulbs, but try that with the bulbs the firebird uses.

Comment

Is there a difference? I'm interested in trying this for my 98 Firebird. Or if anyone has any suggestions for replacing the lowbeams/foglights on a Firebird with LEDs/HIDs, I'm all ears! :)

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X