fuse size

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fuse size

i bought a dual amp install kit that states it is good for up to 700watts rms
    i am gonna be running two mtx rt 202 amps with 400watts rms total between both. my question is the kit came with a 100 amp fuse to hook to the battery cable . is this fuse too big for what i need? should i get a smaller one?? i do know that too big of a fuse is dangerous. well thanks for any help you guys can provide:)

Re: fuse size

Add the fuse sizes of all the amps in your setup. The RT 202 is an old amp....but I believe each one uses a single 20A maxi fuse.... am I correct? Then you would want a 40A (or as close as you can find) under the hood.
    Red 96' A4 Firebird
    Audio Audio and Autotek
    Check it out here!

Comment

Re: fuse size

Originally posted by 96firebird311
      Add the fuse sizes of all the amps in your setup. The RT 202 is an old amp....but I believe each one uses a single 20A maxi fuse.... am I correct? Then you would want a 40A (or as close as you can find) under the hood.
      yes you are correct 20 amp single on each one, so 100 amp is really too big for my setup-hey thanks alot i will be for putting a 40 amp fuse under the hood:wavey:

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
      Working...
      X