sub intallation, messing up cars lights - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

sub intallation, messing up cars lights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sub intallation, messing up cars lights

well i put a jl 10inch 10w3v2 and a e1400 amp in 2day ..wire all good so i think ..used the factory head unit with the PAC oem1 conector...alls good i had the car runing the whole time the sub was turned on .so i wouldnt kill the battery. so i put the e-brake down , and that turns on all the correct lights for at night i had the fog lights on too ..and it stalls on me ...so im thinkn the bat must be low or somthin so i taker around the block rev it so it can get some juice baq. and i then the right signal lamp is stuck on and the high beams are dimmed also the fog lamps,, when they shouldnt be on..so idono if it the a bad battery cuz it is the original..or if i blew a fuse or somthin while connecting the power.. my buddy taped the chassie once.. cuz it only stalls when i turn the fog lamps on and the high beams dimming only does it sometime like 4/5 times.. idono ..cuz i dont know why its doin this cuz i never spliced into anywire or anything... somthin messed and idono if its throwin codes or what?:mad: :mad: :mad:

Re: sub intallation, messing up cars lights

go to an autozone and get your battery tested...

it could just be the end of it's life...

I have never heard of any of those problems with sub installation.
    *Matt

Old people shouldnt use the internet.

Comment

well i think the battery isnt the problem,, but i think i might have surged the headlight control modual or somthin the switch that controls the drls and high beams and fog lights. cuz when id turn the drl's on my high beams were dimed when they shouldnt be on and my fogs did the same ..so i pulled out the fog light relay and the fog lights still came on wiht the switch off and the relay out so teh only think i can think of is the headlight modual ..becuse that would be somthing that i know is conected...welll i have to wait 3 days before i can get into the dealership adn see if they know waht it is .they'll probly nickle and dime me ..but does anyone know where it might be assuming i have one .cuz i know other cars do ..and how might i test it if i found it. thankz
      :(

Comment

you might need to invest into a capacitor

Comment

ya i thought about a cap but i thnk my problem is somthin in teh headlight switch or somthin ...i'll get pics of what the lights look like at night ..they look sweet but i dont want that cuz my car stalls when ever i put the fog lights on with the normal night lights .. and im not too happy when my baby's sick:(
          cuz the problem has to be somthin between the high beams and the fogs and teh right signal light ,those are my only problems ,,only in daytime conditions the right signal light works fine untill u turn on teh normal night lights.its stupid ,, its just a hastle

Comment

sounds like their is to much stress on the battery so i d get a cap, a new battery

Comment

:banana: :banana: well i found the problem after $384 at the dealership . the whole problem started from coroded ground wire on the engine and front end. when i hooked the amp up, the amp ground was better then the engine one so the PCM was using taht ground instead of the the shorter one which must have sent funky power to it to cause it to malfunction..i wish i knew all i had to do was to put a bit of baking soda on the ground wires and clean em off..whats that like 3 bucks for a life time supply of baking soda...oh well my baby is good now:banana:

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X