I want satelite Radio!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I want satelite Radio!

I think i want to get satellite radio ........ i am not sure which kit to get ..... i saw this kit really cheap ...

http://cgi.ebay.com/XM-SportsCaster-...QQcmdZViewItem

anyone have any input on that..... also, what great about this one is that if i buy a portable kit (just a headphone w/xm antenna) i will be able to use it anywhere (ex. gym, school, work ) ....... lets see some input from u guys? btw, do i need anything else to hook it up to my Blaupunkt? Also, where is the best location to put antenna on f-body? How's the reception on xm ? Is there any difference between xm and sirius?

here's a link for product des.

http://shop.xmradio.com/detail.aspx?pid=342&cat=8

thanks
    Last edited by kala; 08-31-2006, 11:54 PM.
    09 Nissan 370Z MB M6 Sports Package
    sigpic

www.the370z.com

Re: I want satelite Radio!

Ive installed alot of satellite radio's.. I personally like xm better than sirius...
    although siruis has a few better channels, xm is much more user friendly.

I have seen alot of problems with xm.. if you install it yourself, make sure that when you route your antenna, you have no kinks, loops, knots or pinched wire...
    The reception commonly goes out for a quick second if you pass under a bridge or park or drive next to the side of a building..

and the thing about the portable radio is , if your in the gym it might not neccesarily work.. i think they designed it so if your outdoors jogging or doing some sort of recreational activity... you have to clip an antenna onto your shirt..

I say xm rocks though, rather then spending times flipping thru radio stations trying to find something you like, and if you travel and are unfamiliar with new area's radio stations.... sat. radio never changes
    *Matt

Old people shouldnt use the internet.

Comment

ive tried both, and i must say XM f-ing rocks. XM is at least 3 years ahead of Siruis in the technology areas. and as far as the content both are for the most part the same. as far as the portables are concerned, XM has its 2nd or 3rd generation units out, where as Siruis just released its first true portable. XM decided to spend its cash making their products better, where as Sirius blew $500 million on a washed up hack like howard stern. i myself have XM in my home, XM in the camaro, and the XM Myfi. oh and as far as the antenna goes(on the car) mines hidden inside the rear spoiler, with no signal loss or interruptions what so ever. you can sample both companys free online for 3 days each if im not mistaken, be sure to check out XM 202-The Opie and Anthony show, 6am to noon and The Ron and Fez show, noon to 3pm. O&A Party Rock!!!!!!!!!!!
      Attached Files
      1997 3.8 5-speed Camaro<br />BMR STB, LCA\'s, SFC\'s,Panhard bar, Torque arm,1LE sway bars<br />Headers, SLP cold air, Flowmaster catback, takeoff LSD, Eibach pro springs<br />Hurst shifter, 01 Z28 guage cluster w/ white face overlays, billet grill w

Comment

Thanks for your suggestions ...

Originally posted by StrtRacer98
        the thing about the portable radio is , if your in the gym it might not neccesarily work.. i think they designed it so if your outdoors jogging or doing some sort of recreational activity... you have to clip an antenna onto your shirt..
        That sucks! i thought it would work in the gym ....but it's ok i guess as long as i can play it the car i am gonna b happy.....

Originally posted by chris greene
        ive tried both, and i must say XM f-ing rocks. XM is at least 3 years ahead of Siruis in the technology areas. and as far as the content both are for the most part the same. oh and as far as the antenna goes(on the car) mines hidden inside the rear spoiler, with no signal loss or interruptions what so ever.
        Awesome..... seems like xm is the Sh*t ..... i think i'll get that sportcastar it looked cool and very reasonably priced...... i'll try out that antenna location..... can i also mount the antenna in the dashboard? like this

http://www.fperkins.com/images/artic...io/antenna.jpg

Btw, feel free to recommend anything (less than $50 though) .... I am open for suggestions......thanks
        sigpic

www.the370z.com

Comment

ok... my .02... not that it matters since everyone likes what they like, and will make their own decisions.
          I had surius about a year and a half ago. I liked the stations better personally. Dance channels had better mixes. But the reception was HORRIBLE. But then again.... I didn't have a good head unit, or a good mounting place on my.... ummm prevoius car. =) So anyways... I changed to XM. It does the job, still have issues with drop outs when I go though a wooded area... and we have alot of these in Lancaster PA area. But now... on XM... "Kiss 21" , "XMHit List 30" two of the top 40 channels I listen to, have COMMERCIALS!!! For Progressive, the US navy, and other stuf... No.. its not as common as the radio, but still!! I don't pay for satelitte to hear commercials! So now I have canceled Xm, and on 9/20 the service will terminate. Probably going to go back to sirius since I have a head unit that supports the under seat unit. So I won't have the Road 2 siting in front of my Auto shifter knob, about my ash tray that is not used.... yet. Some buttons in there would be really nice. LOL But thats another Forum, and time.
          2000 Camaro 3.8 <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2040383\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2040383</a>

Comment

You can mount it to your dashboard... but it may not get the best reception, also with mounting it under the spoiler... The radio will only work as good as the install.

I mounted my antenna for my navigation on the roof, right by the back hatch window in the center...

IIRC.. most of the car is fiberglass so the magnet didnt work, i used command strips ( sticky adhesive ) worked great.
            *Matt

Comment

My dad has XM in his truck. He has the Roady2 kit, and it's awesome! He uses the tape-adapter, so it comes in alot clearer (before, he had it to where it broadcasted on 88.3 FM, and it would get fuzzy at times). He routed the wire to the roof of the truck, and he almost never loses reception. All he listens to now is the comedy channels, he used to be a big rock-n-roll fan. I'm thinking about getting it, since it's only another $9.99 per month to add another radio.
              ~97 3.8L V6 Camaro~
              A few things

Only Member of Team Hooker?!?

Comment

awesome just bought it ..... from ebay
                Originally posted by StrtRacer98
                I mounted my antenna for my navigation on the roof, right by the back hatch window in the center...
                i have t-tops ...... so you mean past the t-tops right in the middle....how did you route the wires? Got a pic :)

Originally posted by RadRacer
                He has the Roady2 kit, and it's awesome! He uses the tape-adapter, so it comes in alot clearer (before, he had it to where it broadcasted on 88.3 FM, and it would get fuzzy at times).
                The reason i didn't got the roady cuz it doesn't have a line out....the one i got it has a line out so i can buy a audio jack and connect it with my German Engineered Blaupunkt ..... it think it will sound really nice....

thanks for the suggestions... just waiting for the unit to arrive thats it....can't wait to install........... :)
                Last edited by kala; 09-03-2006, 05:58 PM.
                sigpic

www.the370z.com

Comment

yeah.. right behind the t tops on the strip of metal...

I dont have any pics, but the antenna cable they give you is more than long enough,... that is the best mounting area...

I took my antenna, and ran it under the carpet, slid it under the plastic next to the rear seat where the speaker is located and into the headliner.

Once its in the headlinger open the hatch.

your going to have to pull the weatherstiprring partially off... put a peice of tape on the lip that the weatherstripping sits on, and make a loop in the antenna so you dont have a kink in the antenna..

push the weatherstripping back on carefully and mount the antenna.

Like i said before just make sure there are no kinks or pinches in the antenna...
                  *Matt

Comment

just so you know, there are a few music channels that do have commercials, this is due to a court order on behave of clear channel which was a big invester when xm first started up. this will exspire in 2008, also you should know that on the talk channels, on both services, there are commercials. if you have any major issues with your install, goto http://www.xm411.com/phpbb/index.php
                    xm411.com - #1 Fan Site for Fresh XM Satellite Radio Info - the guys there can really help out, if you happen to get advice from ziggy, listen to him, he is the xm guru, also you can check out www.myradiostore.com for any parts you may need for a specific brand of radio that you wont find at a best buy or radio shack.
                    1997 3.8 5-speed Camaro<br />BMR STB, LCA\'s, SFC\'s,Panhard bar, Torque arm,1LE sway bars<br />Headers, SLP cold air, Flowmaster catback, takeoff LSD, Eibach pro springs<br />Hurst shifter, 01 Z28 guage cluster w/ white face overlays, billet grill w

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X