Subthump box opinions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Subthump box opinions?

I have a 94 Firebird with the charcoal gray interior. I just ordered a subthump box with the T-top slot to place my 2 12" Fosgate He subs in. I also ordered the Firebird logo to be done across the top of the box. I was wondering what everyones opinion is on the subthump boxes and if anyone has any pics of one in their ride. I am excited and can't wait to get it in. I am also wondering if anyone has ever tried removing the spare tire and installing an amplifier where the spare tire goes or would it be easier to install the amplifier under the opposite rear pannel?

Re: Subthump box opinions?

Its a quality box, but I feel I could have made it myself if I had the dimensions. So far it has served its purpose, and sounds great with my setup. The T-tops have been put in the back plenty of times with this box, no problems yet. Here is a picture of it in my car...

<b><i>Don\'t Ever Judge Me</i></b><br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/earnhardt132000\" target=\"_blank\">\'96 Firebird Y87 3.8L V6 5spd</a><br />--No mods as of yet, shoot me some ideas if ya want.<br />178,000 miles and counting

Comment

I've had mine for a week now and I love it but I think if I had the diminsions it could be built for a lot less just may not look as good. the only thing I don't like about mine is that I have a tan interior and the color of the box is off just a little

Comment

i have one and i love it,sure its a little expensive but it looks good and is made alot better than anything else i could find.i have my distribution boxes and my cap in the spare tire compartment,there isnt enough room on the deck .i got a peice of wood and used the spare tire bolt holes to mount it.then i put my stuff on it

Comment

Anyone willing to give up some dimensions on the lower part of the box, i'm making a box for a 15, i'm gonna make it either way but dimensions would be nice

Comment

I just got my subthump box in today. I was sad to discover though that I accidentally chose the wrong vinyl color to match my interior. I accidently ordered charcoal gray when I have the light gray interior. Other than that I am very happy with the box. I put my subs in and I was impressed with how hard they hit in this box. I originally had them in a ported box I had a local shop build for me in the back of my old Sunfire. I placed them into my subthump box with the identical amplifier setting I had on my old setup. Even though the subthump box is smaller than the recommended enclosure size they were pounding even on my lowest setting. I turned the bass boost down on my amplifier from +9db to 0db. It was still too loud. I then turned my amps gain down half-way from their old settings to finally get it where I wanted it for regular listening. I would recommend this box to anyone.

Comment

That's awesome man, i finally got off my lazy a$$ and made a box for my 15, i think the same thing, i had the same sub in a ported box, with the same amp and it didn't hit as hard as it does in my new box.

Comment

A well built and tuned box is 90% of a subs output no joke! If not more!
                1995 Camaro 3.4 A4<br /><br />CAI,IAT Relocate

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                Working...
                X