Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: my install kit

Originally posted by 96firebird311
    One to add the power wire and one for the ground. I guess it wasn't made totally clear here, but that silver wire must be cut into two. An upgraded ground on the battery and to connect the amp. A chain is only as strong as it's weakest link.... and that 8g stock ground wire isin't gonna cut it. You add 4g power wire, 4g ground wire needs to be added. Both runs should be kept as short as possible and be touching metal to metal. No paint.
    WHAT? Thats a 4gauge kit, the silver wire is the ground cable, its 4gauge, the blue cable is the power cable and it is also 4gauge. You cut the blue power cable to add in the fuse in between the long side of the cable and the ring terminal for the battery.

I may be mis-understanding you here... I know you know your stuff also..
    1995 Camaro 3.4 A4<br /><br />CAI,IAT Relocate

Comment

Originally posted by Nikos95
      I may be mis-understanding you here... I know you know your stuff also..
      I think you are. Think I should have spaced it out a little better.:tup:
      Kristen, you need TWO of those battery terminals. One to add the power wire and one for the ground.
      Two side mount battery terminals are needed. One to go on the + mount for the 4g power wire. And another to go on the - mount to add the 4g ground wire.

I guess it wasn't made totally clear here, but that silver wire must be cut into two. An upgraded ground on the battery and to connect the amp. A chain is only as strong as it's weakest link.... and that 8g stock ground wire isn't gonna cut it. You add 4g power wire, 4g ground wire needs to be added. Both runs should be kept as short as possible and be touching metal to metal. No paint.
      Just telling her that the ground wire on the battery needs to be upgraded as well. Kinda went with the sentences before it. Guess that's why I didn't space them apart.:)

Oh and Kristen, when that sub is poundin away... do you feel any air escaping through the lid in your box? Along the edges of the lid?
      Last edited by 96firebird311; 08-13-2006, 03:37 PM.
      Red 96' A4 Firebird
      Audio Audio and Autotek
      Check it out here!

Comment

Just telling her that the ground wire on the battery needs to be upgraded as well. Kinda went with the sentences before it. Guess that's why I didn't space them apart.:)
        Aww okay, now I see what you mean, the ground wire on the battery, I was thinking you thought the cable that came with the kit was an 8gauge... lol Was starting to wonder if you were drunk... :)

Same question though about the box and the air escaping... If it is, you might want to put some like weather stripping around the edges and put some clamps around the edges to hold it down real good and tight, I think that should make a noticable difference in its own, simply because you are holding it down tighter, allowing better compression inside the box for the sub.

Comment

well i have a ball latch on the inside to it holds it down. and now to open it, it take all my power. and then when it gives i punch my headliner!!! i think it's tight!
          WAWA-A-HOLIC

Comment

Originally posted by kristen
            well i have a ball latch on the inside to it holds it down. and now to open it, it take all my power. and then when it gives i punch my headliner!!! i think it's tight!
            hahaha

Tight is one thing.... air tight is another....:)

Regardless, try not to open the lid while the music is playing atleast.:eek:
            Red 96' A4 Firebird
            Audio Audio and Autotek
            Check it out here!

Comment

hahaha

Tight is one thing.... air tight is another....:)

Regardless, try not to open the lid while the music is playing atleast.:eek:
              Aww yes, didn't think of that warning, very quick way to blow a sub out!

Comment

i have no need to open the hatch. REMOTE BOTTLE OPENER!!!
                WAWA-A-HOLIC

Comment

Originally posted by kristen
                  i have no need to open the hatch. REMOTE BOTTLE OPENER!!!
                  Ya thats the way to do it, just figured to say something before you did it not knowing... Don't want to see your nice new install cost you a sub :(

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X