orange wire, and security light.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• orange wire, and security light.

alright i know its been asked before, but i cant seem to come to a clear conclusion. (keep in mind this head unit was in it when i bought it) but its been wire up loosely, so i decided to take it out and sure up the connections, then i find this SOLID ORANGE WIRE just sittin in there connected to nothing, problem it doesnt have anything to connect to. My security light stays on all the time, but it doesnt effect my driveablity, but im thinkin this orange wire use to go to the factory head unit for the alarm. and now that its disconnected thats why the light is going off. so go you think if i connected it to a ground, the light would go off? or what could i connect it to?

its not a real problem, that dam light just annoys the crap outta me, and i think ill fix it if i can. thanks in advance, and yes i searched the forums, but didnt find much on this particiler problem.

Re: orange wire, and security light.

no... the orange wire isnt your problem / its unneccesary... i worked for best buy and i only remember hookin up the orange wire maybe twice out of probably 500+ headunits i installed.
    *Matt

Old people shouldnt use the internet.

Comment

good to know, do you know of any wires connected to the security system, that cuold be loose and be triggering the wire? i honestly think its related to my stereo because its not effected my driveablity, like it runs and starts fine.

Comment

Im not really sure, ive never seen that before, but i can gaurantee its not your orange wire... if you cant find the problem, just learn to live with it, ive dealt with SES light cuz of my high flow cat for quite sometime...
        *Matt

Old people shouldnt use the internet.

Comment

i mean i think im gonna take my dash out to clean the clear plastic peice, and when i do, i'll prolly just take out the bulb to that light, if i can find it.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
          Working...
          X