antenna

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• antenna

my 96 firebird's antenna is wierd it goes up and down like it was a motorized (i have to pull it manually) did standard v6 bird come with a motor antenna? cuz it needs to be replaced and i need to know what kind to get.

Re: antenna

Originally posted by 96greenmachine
    my 96 firebird's antenna is wierd it goes up and down like it was a motorized (i have to pull it manually) did standard v6 bird come with a motor antenna? cuz it needs to be replaced and i need to know what kind to get.
    I'm not sure if your FB came with one or not, but here's one. I think I got mine from Summit. http://store.summitracing.com/partde...5&autoview=sku

Rob
    \"A one that isn\'t cold, is scarcely a one at all\" <a href=\"http://www.homestarrunner.com/sbemail.html\" target=\"_blank\">Strongbad</a>

Comment

yes, birds have motorized antennas

Comment

prior owners probably had a problem with their power antenna and replaced it with the manual, my old bird didnt have a power antenna but it was a stationary one, and being an installer i have taken alot of cars & put power antenna's in for a cleaner look.
        *Matt

Old people shouldnt use the internet.

Comment

no its what came on the car im sure...cuz u can push it way down under the body of the car like it was moterized at 1 time..my 87 gta had that...but i was wondering if i could get a antenna that wasnt moterized to replace it.

Comment

Take the right rear interior panel out and look...... do you see a motor? Well there ya go!:D Regardless, you can always add in a power antenna.
            Red 96' A4 Firebird
            Audio Audio and Autotek
            Check it out here!

Comment

no its what came on the car im sure...cuz u can push it way down under the body of the car like it was moterized at 1 time..my 87 gta had that...but i was wondering if i could get a antenna that wasnt moterized to replace it.
              read ^--------- lol i want to replace it with a antenna that isnt motor operated! i was wondering if i could replace it with a normal antenna that other birds have.:rant:

Comment

Very simple job, you can get a regular antenna at almost any place, best buy, circuit city, walmart sometimes even, and auto parts stores easy to find. Just be carefull putting it in, they are pretty easy though :)
                1995 Camaro 3.4 A4<br /><br />CAI,IAT Relocate

Comment

i was wondering if i could replace it with a normal antenna that other birds have.:rant:
                  Fair enough. i missed that.:) But 4th gen birds come stock with the power antenna. Just FYI.
                  Red 96' A4 Firebird
                  Audio Audio and Autotek
                  Check it out here!

Comment

Yeah pretty simple indeed...

like niko said, take the interior panel off, and should be right behind your spare tire.. remove that if u need.

im not positive, but you may need to buy a new length of antenna wire, to go from the new antenna to the back of your headunit and, re route it under the carpet...

some antenna's come with a good length of wire when you buy them, some dont.

cutting and patching antenna wire isnt a good idea...
                    funny though, most people want to upgrade to a power antenna instead of upgrade to a stationary...

if your power antenna worked i'd swap ya!
                    *Matt

Old people shouldnt use the internet.

Comment

well the motor runs but it doesnt lift the antenna up and down...but the antenna itself is broke off so could it be just the antenna and not the motor?

Comment

The antenna shaft has a thin length of plastic running through it. This plastic is covered in "teeth" on one side. The teeth line up with a gear in the motor. When that gear spins one direction, the antenna in pulled down..... when the gear switchs directions.... the antenna is pushed up. Sounds to me like the teeth have been stripped off or worn down. Some power antenna's come with a replaceable mast, I don't think this is the case with the stock antenna.:(
                        Red 96' A4 Firebird
                        Audio Audio and Autotek
                        Check it out here!

Comment

well the very top of the antenna can actualy be pulled off and its broke so maybe its cuz the antenna is broke off?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X