sub quit workin! help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sub quit workin! help!

last night on my way home i noticed that my bass suddenly got quieter.. when i got almost home i finally relized it was cause one of my subs quit workin! i have 2 12P3D4 subs... i checked all the wires and everything and it still isnt working... any ideas? thanks
    1999 Black Pontiac Firebird <br />2 Rockford Fosgate P312D4 subs <br />Hifonics Brutus 1205d amp<br />Clear Sidemarkers<br />18\" Arelli Jovan Chrome Wheels

Re: sub quit workin! help!

check the power of the amp and the fuse

Comment

i did.. the other sub works... its just the one sub that quit
      1999 Black Pontiac Firebird <br />2 Rockford Fosgate P312D4 subs <br />Hifonics Brutus 1205d amp<br />Clear Sidemarkers<br />18\" Arelli Jovan Chrome Wheels

Comment

Model number of amp? How are the subs wired to the amp? Maybe a fried channel...:(

EDIT: And when you say you checked all the wiring.... what is "all"? Check the RCAs into the amp? RCAs into the headunit?
        Red 96' A4 Firebird
        Audio Audio and Autotek
        Check it out here!

Comment

i checked wires from amp to box... inside the box to the sub... and the rcas on the sub... its a hifonics zues 1205d i think thats the model number... i dont see why one would keep playin fine and the other just go out like that

Comment

Give a little push down on the subs. They should give the same.
            I fried one awhile back , one pushed down loose (the good one), the other was tight, it was toast.
            Left turn Clide.

Comment

maybe you blew a channel on your amp, or a voicecoil on your sub.
              *Matt

Old people shouldnt use the internet.

Comment

how would i know if i blew a channel or a voicecoil?
                i just went and pushed in on both subs and they both had the same give...
                i dont think its a channel cause my wires on the amp are in parrallell or whatever you call it... i took the wires goin from the amp to the good sub and put them on the other and it still didnt work.. so i guess i did blow somethin in it... any suggestions on what it might be or what i should do about it?

Comment

i guess i have 2 options.. i can either replace the sub and have the same setup.. or sell the good one and upgrade... what would be better in ya'll opinions.... 2 P312D4 subs or 1 T115D4 sub? theres only 100 w diference in the RMS but i bet it would take a lot more with no problems

Comment

anybody
                    ?

Comment

Disconnect the sub at the speaker. Attach any other speaker you have, raw or some small home speaker. If the speaker works fine then its not the sub.
                      Never, ever push the cone back and forth, that is a good way to push it out of alignment and get the piston to rub and then the sub is truly done.
                      Check fuses to see if they are okay on the sub amp.
                      Get meter to see if amp is getting twelve volts
                      Phil

Comment

all thats fine....both subs were on the same amp.. the other sub works like nothing happened... i switched the wires goin to the subs to see if it was the wires and it still didnt work.

what do u mean disconnect the sub at the speaker?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X