Need help before tomorrow!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help before tomorrow!!!

I recently decided to replace the speakers in my 2001 Camaro (W/ mosoon). I have alpines in the front(the ones recommended in this section), infinity in the rear seats, and pioneer all the way in the back.

After they installed the speakers they sounded horrible. The fronts were cracking whenever the music got loud, and the rest distorted. They said that I need to get a new head unit. So, I did, but that didn't correct the problem.

Today the place I brought the car to said that it might be the stock amp, and it would have to be reconfigurated. Then they called me back and said that I have no amp in my car.

Finally, the guy thinks that it must be short in one of the wires because it is the only thing left in the car that hasn't been replaced. Tomorrow they are rewiring my speakers for $70.

Is he missing anything? To my knowledge I have pretty much replaced the whole system. What could be the problem? Any ideas would be appreciated!!!
    Dave<br />2001 Pewter Y-87 Camaro<br />K & N Air Charger, SLP Cold Air Induction Package, 3\" SLP Loudmouth, Magnaflow Cat, SLP Center Quad Tip Exhaust kit, Hypertech Power Programmer II, SLP Air Tempature Module

Re: Need help before tomorrow!!!

Just noticed something else interesting.... the speakers sound much clearer when I turn off the engine. Could there be something wrong with the power supply running to the head unit even if the unit is working properly?
    Dave<br />2001 Pewter Y-87 Camaro<br />K & N Air Charger, SLP Cold Air Induction Package, 3\" SLP Loudmouth, Magnaflow Cat, SLP Center Quad Tip Exhaust kit, Hypertech Power Programmer II, SLP Air Tempature Module

Comment

If there is no amp, a complete rewire should do the trick. The engine noise usually comes from a bad ground.

http://www.crutchfieldadvisor.com/IS...car/noise.html
      <b><i>Don\'t Ever Judge Me</i></b><br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/earnhardt132000\" target=\"_blank\">\'96 Firebird Y87 3.8L V6 5spd</a><br />--No mods as of yet, shoot me some ideas if ya want.<br />178,000 miles and counting

Comment

yea it's either a bad ground, or you've got some signal wires near some power wires. that can cause interference. Try starting your car, turning the volume all the way down, or put in a cd and hit pause, and then listen for noise coming from your speakers. If you can hear anything... a whistle or hum, anything, then rev the engine and see if the pitch or volume of that noise changes, if so it's probably interference caused by power wires near the speaker wires. A re-wire should help
        Rebuilding the engine... Building a custom front end... T-top conversion... Custom rear hatch..
        Custom interior...

TEAM NoVa

Comment

your problem is the stock amp will not work correctly at all with aftermarket speakers, if you run the speakers straight off the head unit they will sound better, and if you get a 4 channel amp to power them with they will sound even better, DO NOT MESS WITH THE MONSOON AMP AT ALL, IT IS NOT ANYWHERE NEAR WORTH IT, take my advice, i have experienced it, and know that it is not worth it, at all, just get a new amp, the monsoon one is nothing but junk

Comment

So you guys don't think it has anything to do with my cars electrical system right. The alternator, wires etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuzz82
              So you guys don't think it has anything to do with my cars electrical system right. The alternator, wires etc.
              This is a hard question. I would get more than one professional opinion, one that is not devoted to selling you more equipment but rather working with what you have.
              Phil

Comment

i had the exact problem using the stock monsoon amp with aftermarket speakers, ditch the amp

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                Working...
                X