A few stereo questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A few stereo questions

Alright, I did read the FAQ and did not find the answers I was looking for.

My first question is: How can I tell if I have a monsoon stereo system? I have a 1996 Firebird and it has 10 speakers. The mod encyclopedia said look on the door for codes. I looked there and did not see anything.

Second/Third: If I do have a monsoon system and I get the Rockford Fosgate RFP4406 6.5" subs (as suggested in the guide for replacing monsoon speakers) they will work for replacing the rear subs, correct? If I don't have the monsoon system will they still work?

Fourth: If I do end up getting the Rockford Fosgate RFP4406 6.5" subs will the stock plastic grill fit back over them?

Thanks for any answers in advance.

Re: A few stereo questions

first i think that 1997 and lower camaros came with bose factory systems, not the moonsoon system. But if its anything like the moonsoon system the only thing i think you would have to do is splice the wires into the old hook ups

Abbott long tubes,homemade true duals,slp ram air,whisper lid,eibach springs,kyb shocks,BMR subframe connectors, BMR LCA reloc brackets,BMR LCAs. T-top/manual converted

Comment

The issue is effeciency of the speakers you are choosing. Bass
      eats up lots of watts to play the way U want and the Moonsoon etc does not have the amount of power to drive most aftermarket bass drivers. U would be better off replacing the door speakers with 2 ohm speakers that are of better quality
      than the Camaro speakers.
      See this:
      http://www.cardomain.com/shoplist~b~...2-Way+Speakers

If you buy those woofers U will be saying, Gee, I can hardly hear them???????????
      Phil

Comment

I'm not replacing the door speakers. I'm repalcing the subwoofers in the back (They are busted). The ones right over the two back seats.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
        Working...
        X