decisions on subs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• decisions on subs

ok i plan to put some subs in the maro, i have an amp that pushes 800 rms at 2 ohms my options are;
    1 10 jl w6 (400 rms) 280
    2 infinity perfects (400 rms each) (320)
    2 alpine type R's (400 rms each) (220)

im leaning towards the infinity's due to SQ and i already have some infinity components! just wanted to get some input....thanks

Re: decisions on subs

Type R's are known for their SQ...plus they are so under-rated they are rated 500rms but I know people who give them 800 and they take it no problem.

I run 2 of them sealed and I give them 600rms a piece and they sound great.

Best bang for your buck...if you go to Caraudio.com there is a 172 page long thread about the Type R. It's a very popular sub...you really just cant beat it for the money.
    1998 Camaro V6 \"Black Mamba\"<br />Y87<br />Whisper Lid w/ K&N filter<br />Flowmaster American Thunder<br />Numerous appearance mods.<br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2154172\" target=\"_blank\">Car Domain</a>

Comment

CA.COM FTMFW!!! yeah any subwoofer questions you have, the same question has probably been asked and answered 1209821x's good place to start Car audio wise...

Comment

Either of the dual 10"s are obviously going to out displace the single W6. So if you got the room for them, go with the pair. Now then, the Type-R's and Perfect's are both great choices for the price. The R's are a chunk cheaper, so my vote goes there.
        Red 96' A4 Firebird
        Audio Audio and Autotek
        Check it out here!

Comment

1 JL w6 will get the job well done and save you some room. The stealth box works great with the 10 inch.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
          Working...
          X