Dynomat in my camaro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dynomat in my camaro

I am going to replace my Bose system with Adiobahn.
    I am putting 6.5's in the doors & back seats.
    Also adding a custom fit box in the T-Top storage for 2 12's.

I am told I should add sound deadining to cut back on the vibes.

Where should I add this Dinomat stuff?
    Left turn Clide.

Re: Dynomat in my camaro

you can either do ure whole doors or just where the speakers are, they make door kits and speaker kits...when I changed my door and back speakers out i dynamated my whole doors and i put some in the back around the back speakers...it works really good cuts down big time on vibration and rattling...

Comment

Sounf lining is fun work but DO NOT USE FATMAT!!!! even though its pictures it sucks. i just ordered edead for my doors and trunk lid ill post about it in a few days but if you have the money DYNOMAT!!! or B QUIET off ebay both are pretty much the top stuff the dynamat uis the most popular and advanced but very expensive.

Comment

don't use dynomat its too heavy and expensive... go to lowes and get "seal and peel" same **** s that but its 10 times lighter and alot cheaper too 6"X25' for 13$ just double it up and your good! it is in the roofing stuff..
        2001 Camaro 3.8 A4
        1991 3000GT VR4
        2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS

Comment

dang man thats alot of dynamat....i only used 2 speaker kits and it wasnt expensive i believe it cost me like $30...

Comment

heres a couple pix from my last camaro..... my 94 that i sold..... i did 2 layers thick throughout the entire car..... total of 200sq feet was used.... i used fat mat www.fatmat.com

Comment

Originally posted by vr4gasm
              don't use dynomat its too heavy and expensive... go to lowes and get "seal and peel" same **** s that but its 10 times lighter and alot cheaper too 6"X25' for 13$ just double it up and your good! it is in the roofing stuff..

dont do that.... its cheap, ends up falling off in hot heat, and smells horrible.. i know a few people that went that route

Comment

i went that route and never had any problems but never suspended it also just used it in the floor never where it could fall never had problems with a smell either..
                2001 Camaro 3.8 A4
                1991 3000GT VR4

Comment

i went that route and never had any problems but never suspended it also just used it in the floor never where it could fall never had problems with a smell either..

the smell is an asphault smell..... the other stuff just smells like plastic for a bout a week..... i only did notice the bad smells of the stuff in the hot heat.... which here in texas is just about every day, even sometimes in the winter.... it will be 100 degrees during the day and 20 a night..... crazy *** ****

Comment

I went the Dynamat route and it wasnt expensive and its still holding great and no smell......its the best stuff u can get...

Comment

Originally posted by Big Tymer
                      the smell is an asphault smell..... the other stuff just smells like plastic for a bout a week..... i only did notice the bad smells of the stuff in the hot heat.... which here in texas is just about every day, even sometimes in the winter.... it will be 100 degrees during the day and 20 a night..... crazy *** ****

that could be why i don't smell anything it is 90 maybe once a week here.. usually around 75-80
                      2001 Camaro 3.8 A4
                      1991 3000GT VR4

Comment

Big tymer did you use it on your trunk lid? i only did 1 full layer i thought a second layer would have help it together better. but only got 100ft
                        it mostly fell off when it snowed on my car. did yours come with the same blue logo on it?

Comment

Watch what you compare here. And it is NOT the same stuff. Same concept, same idea, but it is actually quite different. Dynamat Extreme has the highest level of sound dampening, it is the most efficent also weight/dampening level. There is NO comparrison. Yes alot of the other stuff works fine, or even well, but it does not compare. I have personally tested about 20 different brands and types that exist. Another problem when you start buying the cheaper stuff is a while down the line you can have issues with a bad smell in lots of heat, it unsticks, and alot of other issues. Infact the odor caused by the tar mix, with the heat is actually a toxic gas...

I say buy real sound dampening as advertised or get heat shield/sound dampen from like Jeg's or something. I wont say go spend the money on brand name top of the shelf dynamat because you do pay alot for it, and yes possibly more than its worth, but if you want the best there is no subsitute.
                          1995 Camaro 3.4 A4<br /><br />CAI,IAT Relocate

Comment

no i bought it right after the company started up.... didnt have the logo, and i did my "trunk lid" , hatch lid rather but only under the plastic.... nothing fell off..... it was good stuff... course i dont own the car today so i cant say how its doing........

Comment

i say go with the fat mat...... its good ****....

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X