low voltage??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• low voltage??

my voltage is low. i am running about 12.5 when the car is off, and then about 12.0 when the car is at idle. any ideas? is this maybe because the belt isnt tight enough?

or is it possible that the belt is too tight? i think its right where it needs to be so i cant figure out what the problem is.. maybe the battery needs to be recharged?
    Last edited by dmw319; 07-04-2006, 08:46 AM.
    Dave:
    00 Supercharged Camaro - RIP
    97 Turbo Camaro - Sold

Re: low voltage??

check the plug that goes into the alt, clean it and stick it back in. it tells the alt what voltage to run at. its not the battery if your at 12.5 with no load on it, it has a full charge.

i dont think you can have the belt to tight(especially now that your s/c), if it were loose it could cause problems.
    <a href=\"http://cardomain.com/id/articacid\" target=\"_blank\">2002 35th Anniv. Black Camaro M5</a><br />Mods: Carsound Cat, SLP Loudmouth, Whisper Lid w/ K&N, J&M LCA\'s, ST Springs, eD Stereo(146.7 dB)<br />\'88 K1500 305 V8 Auto(Winter)

Comment

ok well i recharged the battery and everything is fine now.. car still running sluggish and sputtering though. check the FI section FMI
      Dave:
      97 Turbo Camaro - Sold

Comment

sluggish and sputtering can be a lot of things.... if ur car is running at 12 to 12.5 while ideling, u need a new alt.... mine runs at 14 to 14.5 on idle..... and its around 12.5 to 12.8 while off

Comment

mine is running consistently 12.8 while off and 13.5-13.8 while on. i think im ok. maybe it was just all adjusting itself out.
          Dave:
          97 Turbo Camaro - Sold

Comment

Originally posted by dmw319
            mine is running consistently 12.8 while off and 13.5-13.8 while on. i think im ok. maybe it was just all adjusting itself out.
            I hit 13.8/9 on hot days with a full charge, but only in those conditions. but normally it sits at 14.1-5.
            <a href=\"http://cardomain.com/id/articacid\" target=\"_blank\">2002 35th Anniv. Black Camaro M5</a><br />Mods: Carsound Cat, SLP Loudmouth, Whisper Lid w/ K&N, J&M LCA\'s, ST Springs, eD Stereo(146.7 dB)<br />\'88 K1500 305 V8 Auto(Winter)

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X