Yellow top optima vs Odyssey batt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yellow top optima vs Odyssey batt

i know the yellow top is king of the system bateries. but will a odyssey Dynabatt work with well with a system or is it just a race car battery. i only have 620 max watts in my L7

Re: Yellow top optima vs Odyssey batt

u dont need a better battery........

I have two 18's , Earthquake PHD-3 ampd, 5000 watts max 3000 RMS at 2 ohms ..... I have a diehard gold under the hood and a yellow top in the trunk, both runnin in para ... with a 620 watt MAX system or RMS , you arent going to need a better battery.... the amp draw cant be that much... I know a lot of people dont like caps, but if ur having head light dimmin, for ur system im sure a half farad could help u out....

Comment

i have a 1 fared in my trunk. i am think of doing 6 internal speakers with around 1200 max watts but i was more woundering if the light weight racing odyssey batterie will hold up alone?

Comment

Odyssey or Red Top if I were you. Then just alternator if you have problems. Yellow tops are for brute cranking amps, used mainly for large heavy spl systems, you arnt kicking 2000+ rms and full volume, I wouldn't worry about it to much. Cap, couple amps, and a red top or odyssey you would be good to go no worries.

I have 120 amps of current draw from my amps at max volume, and I run just a 140 amp and a red top, 5 farad bank, no problems at all ever.
        1995 Camaro 3.4 A4<br /><br />CAI,IAT Relocate

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
        Working...
        X