Need info on Amp installs.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need info on Amp installs.

O.K. every one. I'm gonna install 2 amps on the back deck. One a 800rms for a couple subs in box in the t-top storage, got the box off e-bay for $39. Plus an amp 400rms for 4 side speakers.

What is the best way to hold them down. I posted this last week & got 1 picture. Help me out every one. What do yu have (those that do) and how did you do it.
    I cant wait to hear my Rammstein on a pair of 12's. Thanks, Rick
    Left turn Clide.

Re: Need info on Amp installs.

You want to hold down the amps? Just cut the rug and put some short screws with washers and a nut. I didn't even screw mine down velcrow is an option. I mean your not going to be hitting corners at like 50 are you?
    \"its been long over due\"

Comment

I can't remember if i read this on here or ls1tech, but someone had the idea of putting a thin piece of wood under the carpet and just screwing the amps into that.

Comment

Theres a number of different ways you can do it. You could get some cheap particle board, then drill some holes to hide you wires. Then carpet it with similar looking carpet then mount your amps, the weight should be more than enough to hold it in place.

<a href=\"http://cardomain.com/id/articacid\" target=\"_blank\">2002 35th Anniv. Black Camaro M5</a><br />Mods: Carsound Cat, SLP Loudmouth, Whisper Lid w/ K&N, J&M LCA\'s, ST Springs, eD Stereo(146.7 dB)<br />\'88 K1500 305 V8 Auto(Winter)

Comment

get a 1/2 thick peice of MDF and cut it to the width and length you need and put it under the carpet. then put some slits in your carpet and run the wires and use 1/2 drywall screws to mount the amp. it's what I did to mine and i haven't had an issue yet.
          Attached Files

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
          Working...
          X