Amp location

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amp location

I want to insall my sub amp on the back deck in front of my T-top storage.
    I think this is above the gas tank.
    If I use short screws will this be o.k.?
    If your amp is in this spot, I have seen many like this on this site, how do you hold it down? Thanx
    Left turn Clide.

Re: Amp location

are you talking about this:

If so, yes it is above the gas tank. You will be ok if you use screws just short enough to get through the carpet and metal. Be very careful

Since this pic was taken, I have another amp sitting right beside it but I dont have it mounted yet, and i've noticed it doesnt really move. I would probably just use some sort of velcro. If security is your main issue then use screws. If you're more worried about it just moving around, use velcro and avoid the risk of putting a hole in your gas tank. Probably depends on you area.
    1998 Camaro V6 \"Black Mamba\"<br />Y87<br />Whisper Lid w/ K&N filter<br />Flowmaster American Thunder<br />Numerous appearance mods.<br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2154172\" target=\"_blank\">Car Domain</a>

Comment

That is exactly what I am talking about
      Yes, I was thinking about wide strips of velcro.
      Thanks for the fast info.
      Left turn Clide.

Comment

The only problem with velcro is, if you get into an accident, that amp will go flying forward. I have mine held in with screws as well, I'm guessing short (my dad screwed it down).
        <b><i>Don\'t Ever Judge Me</i></b><br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/earnhardt132000\" target=\"_blank\">\'96 Firebird Y87 3.8L V6 5spd</a><br />--No mods as of yet, shoot me some ideas if ya want.<br />178,000 miles and counting

Comment

jsut stick a piece of wood under the carpet and hold that down with velcro and then you can screw the amp to that

Abbott long tubes,homemade true duals,slp ram air,whisper lid,eibach springs,kyb shocks,BMR subframe connectors, BMR LCA reloc brackets,BMR LCAs. T-top/manual converted

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
          Working...
          X