Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help with speakers!

Hey everyone,
    I have to admit I'm not too knowledgable about car audio.

I have a 2001 Camaro with the Monsoon speaker system. I need to redo all the speakers in the car, but I have no idea what will fit. Can anyone give me the specs for the front, center, and rear speakers(Size wise). Are there specific shapes too(ie oval, round)?

Any other information that will be useful would be much appreciated like wattage of the head unit. The speakers' wattage should surpass that of the head unit so as not to blow out the speakers... correct?

Basically, i just want to replace the speakers so they won't blow out on me again. I want to make sure it is done correctly.
    PLEASE HELP!
    -Dave
    Dave<br />2001 Pewter Y-87 Camaro<br />K & N Air Charger, SLP Cold Air Induction Package, 3\" SLP Loudmouth, Magnaflow Cat, SLP Center Quad Tip Exhaust kit, Hypertech Power Programmer II, SLP Air Tempature Module

Re: Need help with speakers!

I have a 94 Camaro . It had the factory Bose system, this was before the Monsoon.
    I went to crutchfield.com and did the "what fits my vehicle" thing.
    They told me what I needed to do to switch to regular speakers and what would fit, give them a try. Good luck. I hear the Monsoon is like the Bose, they bolth bite. Best to switch it all out.
    Left turn Clide.

Comment

All caps at the top of the forum.....
      http://forum.camarov6.com/showthread.php?t=40529

Why do people continue to miss this?
      Red 96' A4 Firebird
      Audio Audio and Autotek
      Check it out here!

Comment

For me it dosn't say a thing about the Bose.
        Left turn Clide.

Comment

Are you keeping the factory h/u?
          1998 Camaro V6 \"Black Mamba\"<br />Y87<br />Whisper Lid w/ K&N filter<br />Flowmaster American Thunder<br />Numerous appearance mods.<br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2154172\" target=\"_blank\">Car Domain</a>

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
          Working...
          X