bose on sony xplod

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bose on sony xplod

My car has the bose speaker system, and i bought a Sony XPLOD cd player. (not until after i bought it did i hear how much that line sucked) The HU is using the bose sub as a full range speaker. All the treble is coming out of it just as the door speakers, and it just fades in and out with the greater bass. I suppose that's because the bose sub has no crossover. My HU has a subwoofer out, but the stock wiring doesn't give me much idea as to how i would hook it up to get the sub to the sub out. Also, when i unplugg the sub, my rear speakers turn off, so i was wondering it those speakers maybe ran off the subwoofer's amp. if so, the whole sub out idea probably wouldn't be the smartest without some major rewiring. any suggestions?
    sigpic
    1996 Chevrolet Camaro
    1995 Buick Park Avenue Ultra
    --Appearance Moderator--

Re: bose on sony xplod

You cannot just pull the Bose HU & put in a new unit.
    You have to get an adapter to make it work.
    This is all due to the Bose speakers that have built in amps.

I bought a used 94 Camaro with the Bose speaker system & with a new Kenwood HU.
    It turns out you have to get a wireing adapter for everything to work right.

If i'm on the same page you are, go to crutchfield.com go to "what fits my car", make sure you put in you have a bose system, it wll tell you about the converter from Bose to regular HU. Hope this makes sence, good luck.
    Left turn Clide.

Comment

Thanks, i think that's the problem and thats what i need...but it doesn't look like it's worth $40...is there any cheaper alternative...or, anyplace else i can get that? or is it really worth spending the $40 bucks on...
      sigpic
      1996 Chevrolet Camaro
      1995 Buick Park Avenue Ultra
      --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

anythings possible with time . it's a better use of time to just get the adapter. the speakers are speacial and have amps wired in with them.

Comment

i have the same problem on my '96 Z28 with Bose. I HAD an aftermarket Alpine in there when i bought the car and i got new one( Alpine also) and there is NO sound coming out. The display lights up and everything but it just won't put sounds through the speakers. I think you have to use the Remote wire on the harness adapter to turn the amp on in back. I'm gonna hook it it up and see if i figured it out. ~Cole~
          2000 Grand Prix GTP- Bronzemist Metallic: K&N Fenderwell Intake,3.4\" Thrasher Pulley, v1.0 DHP PCM, 3\" Mandrel Bent DP,Ubend Delete,Dynomax SuperTurbos, 180* Thermostat.<br />Soon to come: ZZP SSIntercooler or N20 or both:)

Comment

http://forum.camarov6.com/showthread.php?t=69856
            I tell how to do it without the special adaptor. ~Cole~
            2000 Grand Prix GTP- Bronzemist Metallic: K&N Fenderwell Intake,3.4\" Thrasher Pulley, v1.0 DHP PCM, 3\" Mandrel Bent DP,Ubend Delete,Dynomax SuperTurbos, 180* Thermostat.<br />Soon to come: ZZP SSIntercooler or N20 or both:)

Comment

I got a heck of a deal for ya, I just replaced my whole system, it had a Kenwood with the bose system. I have the adapter sitting on the bench in my garage.
              E-mail me your address & I will send it to ya. No charge.
              Left turn Clide.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X