Dear G*D, what have I gotten myself into? Need Help! - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dear G*D, what have I gotten myself into? Need Help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dear G*D, what have I gotten myself into? Need Help!

OK, so my male ego is definitely getting the better of me.

I have been following this site for about 2 months now trying to convince myself that I can perform mods /work on my own.
    Here is where I am caught up.

I have recently acquired an Infinity Reference 57611a 6-Channel Amplifier and an Alpine SWR-1042D 10" sub. With both of these items I also picked up the sub enclosure and amp rack from SubThump.

My ultimate goal was / is to use the amp to power the sub and all four speakers in the car.
    From all the information out here, I have a pretty clear idea of how to wire the sub, i.e. power through the grommet in the firewall, ground, etc. But, just how exactly should I wire the speakers?
    The set of speakers near the rear seats should pose no problem (I think), but how in hell should I run wire from the speakers in the doors to the amp in the rear?
    I will run the power down the passenger side of the car and the RCA cables down the driver’s side to the rear.
    My camaro had the 6 disc changer installed in the rear. So, I yanked that thing to do a initial test on the fit of the Sub enclosure, and sure enough, it doesn't fit. I think the culprit is the bolt protruding up that secured the changer. Any ideas on how I should work around this problem? If you are going to tell me to cut the bolt, please tell me how? You gotta realize, my IQ level is a bit on the southern side (if you know what I mean).

That should do it for now,

I thank each and every one of you in advance for any and all information that you can provide.

Re: Dear G*D, what have I gotten myself into? Need Help!

Take it easy. Looks like you made some fine choices and are not really having any major problems. Don't get all worked up and frustrated.:)

Run the speaker wire to the doors through the rubber boot in between the door and the body of the rest of the car. Its not real easy. I used a coat hanger to help me along.
    Red 96' A4 Firebird
    Audio Audio and Autotek
    Check it out here!

Comment

I hope the 6 channel amp is a temp to pushing the Sub, {Usually} subs should only be powered by mono amps or 2 channel's, but for your mid range the 6 channel will work great. use a fishing line, to get your wires through they sell them for electircians to run wires accross rooms n such. can pick one up at home depot etc..., In our Any car if there is not a screw to take out then it either snaps out or pops' out. be specific and i can answer more detailed. i have a 4 chaneel to and 2 channel amp, I had to run my own wire since the mansoon system wasn't worth a damn but the placement.
      \"its been long over due\"

Comment

Originally posted by UpOnGaMe
        I hope the 6 channel amp is a temp to pushing the Sub, {Usually} subs should only be powered by mono amps or 2 channel's
        Channels 5&6 will be bridged to the subwoofer which is wired in series...... am I correct?
        Red 96' A4 Firebird
        Audio Audio and Autotek
        Check it out here!

Comment

then if that is the case it should have it's own crossover to put it on low's like 1&2 channel should be put on full range 3&4 same and 5&6 on low, you can't put sub's on fullrange well you CAN but DONT. And you can't put reg speakers on low range so i hope it has 3 built in cross overs to devide the channels.
          \"its been long over due\"

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Andy H
            Hello everyone!
            by Andy H
            Its been a while since I've been on the forum. Hope everyone is doing well. I still have my camaro! Unfortunately, the slave cylinder and clutch has went...
            4 weeks ago
          • 3.4 slow to go
            hey there strangers!
            by 3.4 slow to go
            been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
            4 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
          Working...
          X