Wiring question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wiring question

Hey guys. I just put together a new sound system and I'm wondering if I have my subs wired right.

I have 2 10" L7's in stealth boxes and a ZX1500.1 amp. I got the wiring diagram from Kicker, however being I have two separate boxes their way isn't possible. This is how I have it wired now (excuse the 10 second paint drawing please) and I'm wondering if it is correct.

I'm trying to achieve a 2 ohm load (the subs are 2 ohm) and I'm not sure if this would be the proper way to run the wires. I don't wan't to do something stupid and blow/damage the subs over this. Any help would be great.

Re: Wiring question

Umm.....they both look like the same wiring to me. It should work fine
    ~97 3.8L V6 Camaro~
    A few things

Only Member of Team Hooker?!?

Comment

Well Kickers has one wire coming from each terminal going from sub to sub. Mine has two from the terminal. I just wasn't sure if that was the correct way to do it or not. Like I said, I dont want to hurt the subs.

Thanks for the reply though. I really appreciate it.

Comment

We need to know if they are DUAL 2 ohm or dual 4 ohm and kicker said wire the coils in parallel for a 2 ohm load. If you have a model number, that would be great. S10L7D2 or something like that.

You have the coils wired in series and the subs wired in parallel. This increases the impedence presented to the amp. Less power out for the amp. So no matter which version of subwoofers you have, no worries about harming the sub. (atleast the way you're thinking ;))

And sounds like Kicker recommended a parallel-parallel configuration. This IS possible with the setup you have.

But do re-wire anything just yet. Not until you know for sure what load you'll be placing on your amp. Gimme that model number!:naughty:
        Red 96' A4 Firebird
        Audio Audio and Autotek
        Check it out here!

Comment

The only model number I have for the subs is 06S10L7. Thats probably not what your're looking for but I dont have the boxes they came in anymore. The subs are only available in dual 2 ohm or dual 4 ohm and I know for a fact I have the 2 ohms.

If you still need more info let me know and I'll see what I can figure out.

Comment

Originally posted by '97RedBird
            The only model number I have for the subs is 06S10L7. Thats probably not what you're looking for but I dont have the boxes they came in anymore. The subs are only available in dual 2 ohm or dual 4 ohm and I know for a fact I have the 2 ohms.

If you still need more info let me know and I'll see what I can figure out.
            If you're certain you have the DUAL 2 ohm version, then leave it wired the way you have it now. Each subwoofer's voice coils are wired in series for a 4 ohm load. Then the subwoofers themselves are wired in parallel for a final load of 2 ohms on the amp. The ZX1500.1 outputs the most power into a 2 ohm load. So you're golden.

I haven't even looked at Kicker's ZX line until now. Just figured it was the same as the older SX line, but a year newer. The SX's output full power at 1 ohm...these are at 2.
            Red 96' A4 Firebird
            Audio Audio and Autotek
            Check it out here!

Comment

Awesome man. I got to play around with the system more today and the amp didn't get to hot so everything seems fine. Once again I great appreciate the help.

Now once I get my high output alternator in so my voltage stops dropping into the yellow life will be good :)

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Andy H
                Hello everyone!
                by Andy H
                Its been a while since I've been on the forum. Hope everyone is doing well. I still have my camaro! Unfortunately, the slave cylinder and clutch has went...
                4 weeks ago
              • 3.4 slow to go
                hey there strangers!
                by 3.4 slow to go
                been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
                4 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X