unwanted noise!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• unwanted noise!

okay hears the deal. I'm getting clicking noises through my subs whenever i use my power windows...it's weird. and theres a constant low hissing coming from my subs too. Any ideas on a solution?? Thxs

Re: unwanted noise!

Originally posted by brad94
    okay hears the deal. I'm getting clicking noises through my subs whenever i use my power windows...it's weird. and theres a constant low hissing coming from my subs too. Any ideas on a solution?? Thxs
    Grounds. Grounds. Grounds. Redo all grounds. Shiny bare metal to shiny bare metal. Also, don't use the stock ground wire for the headunit. Run your headunit's ground directly to chassis.
    Red 96' A4 Firebird
    Audio Audio and Autotek
    Check it out here!

Comment

Uhmmm which is the ground wire?? not too sure? how short should the ground be??

Comment

Originally posted by brad94
        Uhmmm which is the ground wire?? not too sure? how short should the ground be??
        Any ground should be as short as possible. Shorter the better.

There should be several ground wires in your system. One under the hood coming from battery to chassis. This should have been upgraded when the power wire was added. Same gauge as the power wire and as short as possible. Next, you'll have one coming from the amp(s) to chassis. Again, should be the same gauge as power wire and as short as possible. Same for behind the headunit. Although I have found some noises are cured by using a direct to chassis ground rather then the stock ground wire. Make sure all grounds are solid and metal to metal. No dirt or paint!

Another common problem for noises is when you have ran your main power wire from the battery directly next to the RCAs that come from the headunit to amp(s).
        Red 96' A4 Firebird
        Audio Audio and Autotek
        Check it out here!

Comment

You can also get feed back depending on the amount of power your using on stereo vs. the size of plug wires. I had stock wires when I first put my sytsem in and was getting a whining from speakers. I know your having problems with subs but it's just another idea. Good luck
          Originally posted by kala
          I'll have buttsecks with Richard Simmons!

TEAM BLACK!!!
          parting her out

Comment

amp and headunit grounds should be less then 3 feet

Comment

The noise is coming throught all my speakers not just my subs. Whenever i use my accesory's (turn on my headlights, defroster, even when i change the song on my deck) it makes a clicking/thumping noise. I fixed and doublechecked all of my grounds and still does it. It never used to do it. it was only after i pulled the deck out to see what king of bulb i needed for my defroster thing cause it burned out. ???help!!

Comment

Run the headunit ground wire directly to chassis. Sounds like maybe the wires got re-arranged behind the headunit when you moved it. Getting some induced noises now.

Noises when changing tracks is usually always fixed by this....
                Red 96' A4 Firebird
                Audio Audio and Autotek
                Check it out here!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Andy H
                  Hello everyone!
                  by Andy H
                  Its been a while since I've been on the forum. Hope everyone is doing well. I still have my camaro! Unfortunately, the slave cylinder and clutch has went...
                  3 weeks ago
                • 3.4 slow to go
                  hey there strangers!
                  by 3.4 slow to go
                  been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
                  4 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                Working...
                X