Installing an iPOD interface to Monsoon Radio - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Installing an iPOD interface to Monsoon Radio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Installing an iPOD interface to Monsoon Radio

I just installed the USA SPEC iPOD interface in my sons 2001 Camaro. It works great! Took about 2 hours, no cutting, soldering and very little cursing.

I took pictures and documented the install if anyone wants to see it.
    Send me an email at jsdomino@msn.com and I will mail you the file (Adobe PDF).

PS: I also installed (later that day) a Pioneer CD-IB100 interface in an '89 Grand Marquis with a Pioneer DEH-P460MP Head unit. This also works well, but we did have to solder and cut wires. I didn't bother to document it cause by this time I knew what I was doing.

Both are great improvement over RF interfaces.

:rock:

Re: Installing an iPOD interface to Monsoon Radio

How do you like the pioneer interface? I'm currently going into my audio input and was thinking about using the pioneer interface, but didn't know if it would be worth the money.

Comment

The Pioneer interface works great and it was only $59 at Crutchfield. If you shop around I bet you can get it even cheaper.

Whats cool is you can use the deck controls to change songs and playlists just like a CD changer. And it charges the iPOD too.

Comment

im gussin the pioneer one wouldnt work on a clarion headunit.. somebody in the other headunit thread said somethin about a ipod interface for the unit i ordered.. i forget the model number but its clarion.. like dxg665 or somethin
        1999 Black Pontiac Firebird <br />2 Rockford Fosgate P312D4 subs <br />Hifonics Brutus 1205d amp<br />Clear Sidemarkers<br />18\" Arelli Jovan Chrome Wheels

Comment

Click on my name to get my address and send it to me. I'll put it in the sticky.
          Red 96' A4 Firebird
          Audio Audio and Autotek
          Check it out here!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Andy H
            Hello everyone!
            by Andy H
            Its been a while since I've been on the forum. Hope everyone is doing well. I still have my camaro! Unfortunately, the slave cylinder and clutch has went...
            3 weeks ago
          • 3.4 slow to go
            hey there strangers!
            by 3.4 slow to go
            been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
            4 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
          Working...
          X