looking for new speakers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• looking for new speakers

well... my system now includes 2x12"Premier Subs 400W RMS each, and a 1001bd Fosgate amp with 1000W RMS, And an alpine head unit... my Digi Cam isnt working so here are some googled pics of what i have...

2 of These

This

And this

I am 17 and a junior in high school... i love having it bc it sets off car alarms in the school parking lot... but the problem is that... with the bass up i cant really hear music.. and i have blown just about both my front speakers... i want to get some mid to high quality speakers and am wondering what people suggest... i will be looking for actually music coming out of them, not bass... i have enough bass in my car for now... Help please? (i have a 3.4 94 camaro, manual)

edit: looking for new speakers all around, not just the front
    Last edited by Daviselk; 06-06-2006, 11:01 PM.

Re: looking for new speakers

Look to replace the front and rear speaker sets, and get another fairly large amp for them make sure you are around at least 50 watts rms to each speaker, and add some sound dampening behind the speakers and around the door abit to help with midrange. That will make a big difference! And if you want to look into a component set, but that kinda depends on how much you know, or if you have another installation option.
    1995 Camaro 3.4 A4<br /><br />CAI,IAT Relocate

Comment

i know enough to install anything... just i dont know what will sound good in my car... the 2 front, the 2 back, and that one in the very back i guess... all gonna go and get all new ones. I will prob get a small amp for the speakers, then end up getting a new yellow top battery and a capacator (sp) because my lights go dim and on my gauge i can see it go down every time my bass hits... i dont wanna know what it wil be like with 5 new speakers and another amp all in my car

Comment

If you are having electrical problems get a higher output alternator also, a cap only does so much good, but it wont save you from that issue like most people think. A cap is more for balancing high current boosts at split seconds when your battery can't push that much juice that quick. Lights dimming is a voltage problem.

Comment

Originally posted by Nikos95
          A cap is more for balancing high current boosts at split seconds when your battery can't push that much juice that quick. Lights dimming is a voltage problem.
          One in the same... Remember, voltage x current = power.:poke: When current supply is exceeded, voltage suffers.

A decent component set up front and maybe a pair of a lil somethin somethin in the rear. No others. Power the 4 of them off an amp with atleast 50WRMS and you should have no problems keeping up with your subs. How much you looking to spend? Figure atleast $500 for the above mentioned.
          Red 96' A4 Firebird
          Audio Audio and Autotek
          Check it out here!

Comment

Yes I know the cap will help that issue, but I am getting the idea this system is always at high volume levels, in which case the alternator is not going to keep up. The BD1000 draws 100amps of current itself, independant from what ever amp you use to power the new main speakers. By all means buy a capacitor and battery, but I would strongly recomend looking into a new alternator also.

We are talking electricity here, the weakest point is going to be the downfall, batteries and Caps can only help if you can charge them.

Comment

All true. I wasn't denying the recommendation of a H/O alt. Just quoting that one sentence.:D
              Red 96' A4 Firebird
              Audio Audio and Autotek
              Check it out here!

Comment

ya, well i need to get a new batt anyway... my bro had one put in his car with the GM alt and it did better with just the bat... i dont allways have my subs on, or music loud, so it does have time to recharge. I will prob get new speakers and the amp for it and see how they run, and if that i will get a new batter, then maybe a higher output alt... i guess i wil see how things go...

but on to another part of my question... what is a good quality speaker that sounds good in my camaro, and will sound good with the t-tops off?

Comment

http://woofersetc.com/index.cfm?fuse...roduct_ID=1091

And find a pair of coaxials or mid range speakers for the rear if you'd like. Find an amp to power them, and have fun.
                  <b><i>Don\'t Ever Judge Me</i></b><br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/earnhardt132000\" target=\"_blank\">\'96 Firebird Y87 3.8L V6 5spd</a><br />--No mods as of yet, shoot me some ideas if ya want.<br />178,000 miles and counting

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X