Need new amp for 10" L7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need new amp for 10" L7

My power acoustik has blowen a transister 2x its the one that is for the remote turn on . i can fix it . . i will use a heat synk for it this time have to cut one out of aluminum from my brothers shop, but i am thinking if it blows again!?! i will scrap it but i love it it bounds the smudge out of my L7, 620 watt max and 320w RMS my L7 is 10L7D2 wired at 4-ohm the amp is at 4 ohm. i am thinking i wired the the amp to the factory CD changer's power wire but its on constantly even when i am sleeping. . maby that coused it but it has happened both times on a hot day without A/C. So i maby want 700-900 watt max and 350-500 RMS now. but i will have to fix the PA for now and keep it in. if the heat synk works ill mostlikely keep it till i redo the rest of the system "head unit, speakers, amp(s), kick panels, and others".

Re: Need new amp for 10" L7

Wait you wired it from the wires for the factory cd changer and it pounds?
    Um that does not compute.... Please tell me you just mean your remote turn on lead. And yes cheaper amps, have silly problems from stuff like staying on for days running.

You have a good sub, I would spend a few bucks and get a good amp for it, and wire it up properly, it will leviate a bunch of problems and you will notice a ton of difference.

I just hooked up an L7 12 with a Phoenix Gold Xenon 600 watt sub amp in my friends '05 Elantra, in a ported box I built, this thing slams like nuts, causes enough pressure to hurt your ears from pressure not like I can't take it!
    Also messes up your hair really bad with all the air movement.

And yet I still have to sound dampen the truck really bad, it really doesn't weigh enough and lets too much sound out.

Double layer Dynamat Extreme, here I come!
    1995 Camaro 3.4 A4<br /><br />CAI,IAT Relocate

Comment

Re: Need new amp for 10&quot; L7

Originally posted by Nikos95
      Wait you wired it from the wires for the factory cd changer and it pounds?
      Um that does not compute.... Please tell me you just mean your remote turn on lead.

hehe yes

Comment

that phoenix gold is kind of cheap on ebay i was looking at the 400 its 800 peak for 164 shipped with remote but my poewer acoustik had lightening.
        hahaha. it was kinf of cool but i knew it was just a temporary, but i planned on doing a new deck first. will have to see. only costs me $1.65 and 1 hour to fix.

Comment

Ya I'm a dealer for Phoenix gold, and I paid like $170 when I ordered my last 600.1. Not a bad deal on ebay if they have a good rep, the 400 retails around here for around $450-$500... Its a great amp, and looks hot!
          1995 Camaro 3.4 A4<br /><br />CAI,IAT Relocate

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
          Working...
          X