Midbass Drivers 6 1/2 inch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Midbass Drivers 6 1/2 inch

i am interested in getting midbass drivers for my rear sail panels. but am not sure whats out thier. i found some kickers SSMB6 6 1/2 midbass's, or kickers RS65 componemt set, any opinions on either of thies or more midbass's or component for my rear's, i want more bass when i drop my convertible. mostle listen to rock, rap, and stuff like that hard fast music. powering them is no problem i will find a sutible amp i am just tring to figure outn what speakers. and are 5 1/4 in the kickpanels any good?

Re: Midbass Drivers 6 1/2 inch

Kick panels are a great add on always, they have great imaging ability, but you have to work with them to keep them quiet.

The SSMB6's are a true midbass driver so they will perform in the midbass area the best, a component set will be better but as far as bass is concered it will do nothing in comparrison. But to get the midbass drivers sounding good you will need some power, a low pass crossover, and a little sound dampening work if you havn't already.
    1995 Camaro 3.4 A4<br /><br />CAI,IAT Relocate

Comment

I plan on sound lining the doors next. i have full chassis liner. i was thinking 5 1/4 components in the kick panels and midbass's in the door? and maby midbass's in the sail and put a tweeter on it

Comment

That sounds good, but make sure you pull your door panel and sound dampen all the pastic on it really good, maybe even put a little fiberfill in the bottom of your door.

Comment

would it make sence to use 4 midbass's where my speakers are now 2 in door 2 in sail and get 4 tweeters 2 on dash and 2 in sail? and have 5 1/4 component sets in the kicks? 3 amps 1 for midbass's 4-chan, 1 for tweeters 4-chan, and one for 5 1/4 2-chan?

How would i crossover this? i am thinking something like the kicker KX3 for the fronts and KX2 for the rears?
          Last edited by 01PewterDropTop; 06-05-2006, 06:34 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Nikos95
            , maybe even put a little fiberfill in the bottom of your door.
            fiberfill? like sub box stuffing?"pillow stuffing"

Comment

Originally posted by 01PewterDropTop
              fiberfill? like sub box stuffing?"pillow stuffing"
              Yes exactly.

I wouldn't use that many mid-bass drivers because a true midbass will not handle midrange, so you would be missing all of that. Without going into serious mods, a set in the doors, with a second set in the back with a set of tweeters, and the components in the kick panel would sound really really good to people in the front seats! And the midbass would rock! But be prepared to give them about 100watts *RMS* each! So small sub amps would be a good idea.

Comment

i was looking at high power 4 chan amp? for the midbass's or would 2-2 chan sub amps be better?. i am looking into modifing the sail to get a second speaker in. but its cramped in a vert

Comment

Alright you seem knowledgable in car sterio so what is the difference between 6 1/2 SUBs and 6 1/2 MIDBASS speakers? also i thought a component set was a tweeter and a midbass?or is it different from a true mibdass? just diff frequency responsec? mostly whats the diff from little subs and midbass's

Comment

A component set is a pair of tweeters, pair of passive crossovers and a pair of ...well.. I have seen companies call them everything. Midrange, midbass, woofers.....whatever. Call them whatever you want. It all comes down to what frequencies they can play cleanly.

Originally posted by 01PewterDropTop
                    6 1/2 SUBs and 6 1/2 MIDBASS
                    Think you answered your own question. A sub is designed to play subsonic frequencies whereas a midbass is designed to play slightly higher then that. Say in the 120 range....in theory.

I know what you're looking for. It's tough getting bump with the top down. If you want some quality low frequency extension from a 6 1/2" speaker... be prepared to pay. And I don't only mean for the speaker.... the install is just as important.
                    Red 96' A4 Firebird
                    Audio Audio and Autotek
                    Check it out here!

Comment

Originally posted by 96firebird311
                      Think you answered your own question. A sub is designed to play subsonic frequencies whereas a midbass is designed to play slightly higher then that. Say in the 120 range....in theory.

I know what you're looking for. It's tough getting bump with the top down. If you want some quality low frequency extension from a 6 1/2" speaker... be prepared to pay. And I don't only mean for the speaker.... the install is just as important.
                      Dead on and in actuality there is no such thing as a 6.5" SUBwoofer subsonic is 20hz and below! But never the less a midbass handles drums and such very well, a subwoofer deals with lower notes or tries to in that size. Basically if you buy a 6.5" midbass expect it to handle midbass. They weigh more and are built to take more power allowing them to produce lower notes and at a high volume. Midrange/Midbass speakers which are comonly found in components are much lighter and allow them to hit midrange area 300hz-2khz very easily, this is where vocals and such are really brought in.

Comment

Originally posted by Nikos95
                        Midrange/Midbass speakers which are comonly found in components are much lighter and allow them to hit midrange area 300hz-2khz very easily, this is where vocals and such are really brought in.
                        This really needs to be noted. Don't buy a component set and expect to get some bump out of it. Me thinks you don't wanna pay for any component set that would extend down that low cleanly.($300 MIN) Spend $200 on some quality 6.5"s designed to play these frequencies. Install them solid, power them properly and enjoy.:)
                        Red 96' A4 Firebird
                        Audio Audio and Autotek
                        Check it out here!

Comment

I just recently installed the SSMB6 Kickers. I love them. They sound great. However they are 4-ohm speakers and your stock are 2-ohm speakers. So as you turn up the volume the bass kinda just stays were its at.

Basically if you're gonna replace some speakers you'll be better off replacing them all. You won't regret it.

Oh, I put Infinity in the door and hatch speakers. Sounds incredible.
                          1999 Camaro V6 3.8L A4<br />Red, T-tops, Monsoon<br />No mods.......yet.

Comment

[QUOTE=99RedDragonCamaro]I just recently installed the SSMB6 Kickers. I love them. They sound great. However they are 4-ohm speakers and your stock are 2-ohm speakers. So as you turn up the volume the bass kinda just stays were its at.
                            QUOTE]

umm. . i dont think so its just your stock amp isn't strong enough for them. i replaced my stock speakers already they had 4ohm stamped on them. but i am looking to rerplace them again and the amp also

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X