Custom Fiberglass Enclosure for 2000 V6 Camaro - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Custom Fiberglass Enclosure for 2000 V6 Camaro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Custom Fiberglass Enclosure for 2000 V6 Camaro

Does anyone know someone who could build a custom fiberglass enclosure for my 2000 camaro, if anyone has one installed please post a picture of it so i can see if its really what i want to do

visit my cardomain webpage to see my ride
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2286444
    Last edited by 2000_camaro; 06-02-2006, 09:31 PM.

Re: Custom Fiberglass Enclosure for 2000 V6 Camaro

I have done probably close to 50 of them in differnent cars. Shouldn't be too hard to find someone to do it, heck do it yourself, its really not half as hard as everything thinks, its just time consuming.
    1995 Camaro 3.4 A4<br /><br />CAI,IAT Relocate

Comment

Originally posted by Nikos95
      heck do it yourself, its really not half as hard as everything thinks, its just time consuming.
      exactly.

Take a look in my sig for my page. Half fiberglass, half MDF. And if you're willing to drive to Melbourne, FL. I'd do it for you. :)
      Last edited by 96firebird311; 06-02-2006, 12:10 PM.
      Red 96' A4 Firebird
      Audio Audio and Autotek
      Check it out here!

Comment

how much would it cost?

Comment

Originally posted by 96firebird311
          exactly.

Take a look in my sig for my page. Half fiberglass, half MDF. And if you're willing to drive to Melbourne, FL. I'd do it for you. :)
          nice old school Rockfords there. I miss those used to have 2 Power 1000a2 and a Power 800a4

Back in the day when Rockford rocked the world.
          1995 Camaro 3.4 A4<br /><br />CAI,IAT Relocate

Comment

Originally posted by 2000_camaro
            how much would it cost?
            To do it yourself? Depends on what you want obviously. I really can't even give you a ballpark range without knowing what you're aiming for. Number and size of subs. Sealed or vented design. All fiberglass? MDF anywhere? And what's going to be visible? You want the top smoothed and painted? Or MDF top cover with vinyl or carpet like mine?

Originally posted by Nikos95
            Back in the day when Rockford rocked the world.
            IMO, those were the last line that were any good. Several years prior to that were the bad a$$ ones. Punch45 anyone?:D
            Red 96' A4 Firebird
            Audio Audio and Autotek
            Check it out here!

Comment

i was thinking two 10s or 12s with 1 or 2 amps, all fiberglass, painted

Comment

get some MDF in the mix so it will hit hard or you have to be good at glassing to make sure its good and strong.

Comment

Originally posted by 01PewterDropTop
                  get some MDF in the mix so it will hit hard or you have to be good at glassing to make sure its good and strong.
                  Fiberglass is stronger then MDF, just FYI. It's not hard to make 1/4" of fiberglass just as strong as 3/4" MDF.

A vented enclosure for two 12"s and amp rack all painted up.... you're looking at a G for a pro to do it. You could do it yourself for probably $400
                  Red 96' A4 Firebird
                  Audio Audio and Autotek
                  Check it out here!

Comment

for a single 10" slot ported fiberglass box for my camaro i was quoted 700...so looking at 2 subs....over a grand for what better looks? just have a MDF custom ported box built for under 400$ no sound difference
                    Juiced Rally Red 98 A4<br /><br />Way too much to list....<br /><br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2263415\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2263415</a>

Comment

Originally posted by Kidcamaro98
                      for a single 10" slot ported fiberglass box for my camaro i was quoted 700...
                      I'll be the first to say... you'd be getting ripped. It had better be hella original and hella difficult to make for that price.:poke:
                      Red 96' A4 Firebird
                      Audio Audio and Autotek
                      Check it out here!

Comment

yah....i wanted it to be slot ported and built in to where the T-tops go in the back of the camaro...but i had them make a MDF one there and they only charged me 250$....im real good friends with the owner so he gave me a deal
                        Juiced Rally Red 98 A4<br /><br />Way too much to list....<br /><br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2263415\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2263415</a>

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X