Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: looking for a new headunit

well i just ordered the dxz655... wish me luck with it
    1999 Black Pontiac Firebird <br />2 Rockford Fosgate P312D4 subs <br />Hifonics Brutus 1205d amp<br />Clear Sidemarkers<br />18\" Arelli Jovan Chrome Wheels

Comment

Originally posted by bah
      eh, it does what i want, and sounds damn good from my perspective, it would be more than adequate for anybody not in competitions
      Yes most people are more than happy with Pioneers higher line decks, and they are pretty decent.
      1995 Camaro 3.4 A4<br /><br />CAI,IAT Relocate

Comment

i just got that headunit in this morning and put it in.. so far i like it.. kinda hard to figure out everything tho
        1999 Black Pontiac Firebird <br />2 Rockford Fosgate P312D4 subs <br />Hifonics Brutus 1205d amp<br />Clear Sidemarkers<br />18\" Arelli Jovan Chrome Wheels

Comment

i have a kenwood kdc series . kind of on the cheaper end but works well with the satillite radio . my freind has a pioneer and it's a pain in the a** to switch throught the menu's. and jvc dont even get me started on them . i had one of there head units that changed colors . it was so hard to figure out i returned it in a day .

Comment

Originally posted by CHEVYINSIDE
            i have a kenwood kdc series . kind of on the cheaper end but works well with the satillite radio . my freind has a pioneer and it's a pain in the a** to switch throught the menu's. and jvc dont even get me started on them . i had one of there head units that changed colors . it was so hard to figure out i returned it in a day .
            IMO Best off with the Kenwood out of those anyways :)
            I like them a little more than Pioneer and as far as *JVC* umm I sell these things for a living, and I can support the fact that about 35% of JVC decks I sell get returned within a month not working. And that number is dead on, last month was actually 38%.
            1995 Camaro 3.4 A4<br /><br />CAI,IAT Relocate

Comment

my alpine head unit works just fine for me :D.. i got cheep from a freind and it sounds good with my stuff...

Comment

I had...(somebody else liked it more than me and took it with a brick)... a kenwood excelon kdc-x979 , I believe, I got in september of 04. It was brand new on the market then. It had flip down screen, you could set it to where you wanted it to go to and had 5.1 pre-outs. I loved this. I ordered it from Japan when it first came out through a military Bx, set me back a little bit but it was awesome. I found them on ebay last december, when my car was broken in to, brand new for 250. They may have gone down. There is one on ebay right now. Heres the link:

http://cgi.ebay.com/KENWOOD-KDC-X979...QQcmdZViewItem

It has a couple days left but you could look at its options. I don't have an ipod so I dunno about compatability but I'm sure you could read through and see if it has what you need.
                Originally posted by kala
                I'll have buttsecks with Richard Simmons!

TEAM BLACK!!!
                parting her out

Comment

personally i would definately recommend Alpine i have had plenty of head units in the past but alpine out performs them all ....

Comment

I agree Apline is one of the top head units, and the prices range from 200 and up I think I payed 300 for mine new two years ago. http://www.alpine-usa.com/

Comment

I just got a new HU for my wifes '03 Bug from Crutchfield.com.
                      It was a new Sony with cd, you dont have to go with that brand, but they sent a wire harness for free, install kit to fit her car for free & antenna line for free. All:tup: for $149.00 with free shipping. Had it in in 20 min.
                      I would check them out.
                      Left turn Clide.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X