head unit cuts out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• head unit cuts out

every once and a while my head unit will decide to turn off, just as if it lost its turn on lead, , like you shut the car off, but only for a second, then it will come back on, sometimes it happens repedetely, sometimes just once, and sometimes it will go weeks without happening, any idea why this is happening, i have checked my wiring harness, all crimps are tight

Re: head unit cuts out

My HU started doing that after I let BestBuy touch the thing (go fine for weeks, hit a bump just right, and ziip, reboot). We went around and around. Finally, they replaced the power lead to the unit. Resolved. Only problem was, they ran it directly from the fuse box (vs where ever the hell it comes from normally), and now the HU turns off with the car, rather than when I open the door.

This ended up being a GOOD thing though. As when I replaced the HU (cause I made them take that one back), it’s electronically ejected when you power off.

So, I’m not sure if your preference is, but I am making the assumption that the lead used is prone to failure. Anyone know the exact location the other end of the power lead goes to?
    1997 Camaro RS<br />Home Brew CAI

Comment

i would run a new one, but i really really like the retained accessory power, i would rather figure out what is going on and fix it

Comment

Do all the headunit settings reset? Clock, Eq etc?
        Red 96' A4 Firebird
        Audio Audio and Autotek
        Check it out here!

Comment

nope, its the accessory power, it did it today for a couple of seconds and my windows wouldnt work when it did it, so it has to be the accessory relay somewhere, or possibly the lock cylinder? when i have the lock cylinder on acc it wont steadily be on there, it will kinda cut power occaisionally, maybe thats my problem, but when its running?

Comment

Did any of you guys have the factory monsoon or bose systems? Becuase if you had those, you do have to re-run new power wires to the deck, because they factory deck doesn't draw any power in comparrison and wont provide enough. But anyone who knows what they are doing should run it from the fuse box or battery through a relay to keep your timer or door open....

*Hates on slakers*
            1995 Camaro 3.4 A4<br /><br />CAI,IAT Relocate

Comment

yeah, but its not the power wire, its the turn on lead, yes i did have the monsoon, where is the relay???????

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X