Passenger side power lock won't open??? - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Passenger side power lock won't open???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Passenger side power lock won't open???

My passenger power door lock won't unlock from the remote or the switch on either pass or driver door. That pass door will lock, from remote or inside, but just won't open. I can hear a noise, like something electrical is working, but it won't unlock. What is goin on?/ has anyone had this problem? i have new batteries .in it also

Re: Passenger side power lock won't open???

Probably the Lock Actuator. If you have an Autozone or similar near you, go price it and install it yourself. The hardest part of the replacement is getting the door panel off. The rest is a cake-walk.
    sigpic

Comment

well, its not the actualater, cause i got a new one, and still nothing. heres where i stand. i can lock doors from both pass and driver door, but not from the remote. I can unlock both doors with the remote, but not lock either door from the door controls. What is going on, there are no visible signs or cuts in the wire or anything? Anyone else have this problem

Comment

also, if the driver or pass switch is bad, will that affect anything. shouldn't i still be able to unlock and lock the doors using the remote anyways?

Comment

yea, i have a couple simimlar problems as you..

-I can unlock only the passenger side with the remote.
          -unlock only the passenger side from inside the car.
          -I can lock the car from both sides inside the car and with the remote.

So i think something is ****ed up inside my door panel that would let it unlock. So how much would this **** be to fix? It sucks becuase now i cant use my keyless entry, If i do lock it with keyless entry then i wont be able to unlock easily with the key when i get back to the car.

noah

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
          Working...
          X