Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monsoon E20 Error ???

Hi
    My monsoon system (98 Firebird) has started becoming "picky" as to what CD's it will play . All the CD's are genuine, no copies etc. I get an error message E20 on the display. I have tried a CD cleaner but its not made any difference. I can sometimes get it to play after about 10-15 attempts:mad: .

Any ideas out there.

Thanks Vic

Re: Monsoon E20 Error ???

E20 just stands for "read error". Not uncommon, but could be a bazillion things causing it. Several members have opened the headunit up, gave it a spray with some canned air and reassembled with positive results.
    Red 96' A4 Firebird
    Audio Audio and Autotek
    Check it out here!

Comment

I am also having the same problem. i got my car yesterday and when I was at the dealer the CD player worked fine but now I am getting the E20 error also. I was wondering if anyone could provide a walkthrough on how to take the system out or just in general how to be able to clean it. Due to the fact that I jsut got my car recently I am not really sure how to do this.
      Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Brian99
        I am also having the same problem. i got my car yesterday and when I was at the dealer the CD player worked fine but now I am getting the E20 error also. I was wondering if anyone could provide a walkthrough on how to take the system out or just in general how to be able to clean it. Due to the fact that I jsut got my car recently I am not really sure how to do this.
        Thanks!
        http://mods.firebirdv6.com/stereo.html#FBAQ_15

Besure to read the FAQ at the top of the forum. Great info for the new guys.
        Red 96' A4 Firebird
        Audio Audio and Autotek
        Check it out here!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Andy H
          Hello everyone!
          by Andy H
          Its been a while since I've been on the forum. Hope everyone is doing well. I still have my camaro! Unfortunately, the slave cylinder and clutch has went...
          4 weeks ago
        • 3.4 slow to go
          hey there strangers!
          by 3.4 slow to go
          been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
          4 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
        Working...
        X