8" subs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 8" subs

has anyone ever tried hooking up dual voice coil 8s to see if the monson whould plus them? how deep is the 6.5 in the sail?

Re: 8" subs

theres a write up somewhere in here that shows you how to cut the speaker holes in your C-pillar to fit 8" subs... i dont know about the monsoon part though
    2000 Camaro 3800 A4

Comment

Re: 8" subs

My buddy has Kicker 6.5inch mini drivers in his rear speaker location and loves them. They sound REALLY clean and sound great back there.

i would imagine 8inch subs would hit hard back there. I wouldent count on your monsoon system powering them very well. it can only really power the stock speakers at best.
      MSN: inynn666@hotmail.com<br />1996 Arctic white -3800-<br />Pacesetter Headers & Y-Pipe, CAI, LS1 Dual Exhaust, LS1 Driveshaft<br />*15.17 @ 95MPH*

Comment

Re: 8&quot; subs

Originally posted by 1998FIREBIRD
        has anyone ever tried hooking up dual voice coil 8s to see if the monson whould plus them? how deep is the 6.5 in the sail?
        Yes, the Monsoon Amp will push a dual voice coil 8" sub (a low wattage one that is). I used a dual voice-coil 8" sub in a drivers-side stealth box...and powered it off the Monsoon Amp, it sounded pretty good. If you are going to try and stick them in where the 6-3/4" subs were, I'd get something with small magnets or as shallow as possible. Also, make sure the 8's you use have dual "4-ohm" voice coils.
        2006 Tiburon

Comment

Originally posted by 00 Silver 6
          theres a write up somewhere in here that shows you how to cut the speaker holes in your C-pillar to fit 8" subs... i dont know about the monsoon part though
          Where is the c-pillar?

Comment

i saw the steps to put 8s in somewhere, i was hoping not to cut the c-pillar. i found an 8 about 3.5" deep, i'm hoping someone knows if these will fit. i think there about 3/4" in front of the the factory 6.5, and i can make a spacer so the speaker wont set as deep in. but i don't want to start this and the amp not push them.

Comment

there is no c pillar on an f-body
              just a and b, you start from the front, go from a-z then i believe you start numbering, but that rarely happens, but there are 2 pillars on f-bods and they are a-b (i am a firefighter i know these things)

Comment

i drive a convertable so umm. . no d or c-pillar i guess thats why i got confused

Comment

sorry ive been driving 4 door cars my whole life, im used to saying c-pillar... whoops
                  2000 Camaro 3800 A4

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X