Solobaric L5's and L7's...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Solobaric L5's and L7's...

Ebay is my best friend for car audio equipment, and I'm looking at 10" solobaric L5 and L7 subs. I'm going to build my own box that will go in the drivers side cubby since I have t-tops. Just like the MTX thunderforms box, except with a square opening to hold a solobaric.

My question is, first of all does anyone have any experience, opinions, suggestions into helping me decide which one to get?

I listen to a lot of rock/emo/alternative stuff... Muse, thursday, afi, radiohead, and then the random emo bands, but I also listen to rap every once in a while. I'm trying to get the most I can out of just having 1 10" sub. sound quality is very important to me as well.

so... L5 or L7? Or do you guys suggest something else? I can get these for under $200 on ebay brand new, so I'm going to set $200 as my budget for the sub. (I will be in the market for a nicely matched amp after I get the sub as well, though I'm in no hurry to get this in, just want to start putting it all together).
    2000 v6 a4 Camaro

Re: Solobaric L5's and L7's...

I love my 12" L5. Can't say much about the 10's or L7's for that matter, but if it were me if I were going to get a 10 it would be an L7. They are really great tough subs, but the sound quality isn't great so you may want to look into something else for the type of music you listen to.
    1998 Camaro V6 \"Black Mamba\"<br />Y87<br />Whisper Lid w/ K&N filter<br />Flowmaster American Thunder<br />Numerous appearance mods.<br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2154172\" target=\"_blank\">Car Domain</a>

Comment

I see... yea for the sound quality i wasnt sure how they were.. Im thinking alpine might bring the best of that, but i havent found many alpine subs for good prices yet. Plus, since im only running 1 10" sub, i figured the solobarics would be nice since they claim the 20% more surface area/size or whatever over round subs.
      2000 v6 a4 Camaro

Comment

Yeah, well that claim is correct. They are big subs, and they are very loud. However, I think they were made more for just make-your-heart-pound-a-block-away bass instead of something that just sounds good with music. Do I regret buying mine? No b/c I listen to a lot of hip-hop and I like to get people's attention, which I do very easily with my single L5.

I've heard good things about JL, give them a look.
        1998 Camaro V6 \"Black Mamba\"<br />Y87<br />Whisper Lid w/ K&N filter<br />Flowmaster American Thunder<br />Numerous appearance mods.<br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2154172\" target=\"_blank\">Car Domain</a>

Comment

For sound quality, I would suggest the CompVX. Yes, the square subs have more surface area, but that only means more air is moving, which means louder. The L5 and L7 aren't known for their sound quality, they are more of a SPL sub. And since you listen to mostly rock, I'd say a round cone would work better with you.
          <b><i>Don\'t Ever Judge Me</i></b><br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/earnhardt132000\" target=\"_blank\">\'96 Firebird Y87 3.8L V6 5spd</a><br />--No mods as of yet, shoot me some ideas if ya want.<br />178,000 miles and counting

Comment

I got my 10" L7 from etronics.com for same price as ebay with a real warranty. it sounds awsome but yes sound qulity is not as good as a round sub. All the bass almost sounds the same it has a distinct sound to it

Comment

I've got an 8" L5 in a bassworx box and people are always surprised when I tell them all I have is an 8" sub. Its constantly confused with a 12" or at least a couple 10's.
              Representin' Team Red In The North

Red '96 Pontiac Firebird "Smokeshow" 3800, M5, Far From Stock!!

Black/Red '89 Jeep Cherokee "Tigerclaw" Chev 327, Turbo 400... Stock What??

Black/Red '02 Honda CBR 954RR Fireblade

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X