monsoon swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• monsoon swap

a friend of mine wrecked his Z28, and i was wondering how difficult it was to put a monsoon system into my car... also are the steering wheel controls a hard thing to integrate? I have the base sound system in my car.
    2000 Camaro 3800 A4

Re: monsoon swap

You can try it if you want. But I dont think it would be worth the time involved in installing the wiring and all that crap. Your better off going aftermarket. Do you have a camaro or firebird?

Comment

yeah dude, the monsoon SUCKS, i have already gotten rid of ALL of mine, it sucks, dont do it

Comment

its better than my 2 rear speakers and my single blown front speaker... its also free. i dont have 300 bucks to spend on new speakers everywhere, seeing as how im gonna throw him a couple hundred bucks for everything hes giving me off of the car (rims, leather interior, center console, monsoon, hooker catback)
        2000 Camaro 3800 A4

Comment

Well, the only advise I can give you is find some good speakers as soon as you can after you swap everything you want. The monsoon speakers have a very common tendancy to blow, and theirs very few speakers that will work for the monsoon system.

Comment

It can be done; however, its going to require a lot of time to do something like that. All the "speaker wires" that come out of the factory head unit will all have to be routed way to the back of the car and hooked up to the Monsoon Amp. Then from the Monsoon Amp you'll have to run wiring to all the speakers throughout the car. If it were me though (and even though your getting this stuff free), I wouldn't even mess with doing something like that because eventually those Monsoon speakers are gonna blow...and theres no doubt they will, its just a matter of time.
            2006 Tiburon

Comment

ok are the monsoon speakers an improvement over the base system? cause i could just replace the blown speakers with the ones from his car
              2000 Camaro 3800 A4

Comment

There not interchangable for many reasons. The base system plays all frequencies through the speakers. The monsoon, consist of a mid range speaker and a tweeter in the doors (firebirds have 2way components while the camaros have 2way coaxial speakers) a mid bass speaker or you can call them subwoofers in the sail panels, an then another set of two way speakers in the rear hatch area. They are crossed over to play certain frequencies, and the ohm ratings are different.

If they blow, you'll have no choice but to either get replacements or find aftermarket speakers that will work with it. Heres a link that can give you better details about the system. http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=347399

Comment

I say just do it dude. It'll at least sound way better than what you currently have. Replacing blown speakers is always a good idea.
                  1999 Camaro V6 3.8L A4<br />Red, T-tops, Monsoon<br />No mods.......yet.

Comment

its gonna be a lot of wasted work, i guarantee it, i replaced my monsoon system with 2 coaxials in the sail panel, thats IT, and it sounds 6346345645 times better than the monsoon, i bet you will regret it in the long run, you have several previous monsoon owners warning you against it, just think about it.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X