Decisions, decions....I need advice. - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Decisions, decions....I need advice.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Decisions, decions....I need advice.

My current set-up: (1) 12" L5 powered by a Viper D600.1 (1200 watts at 1ohm) I have it in the kicker enclosure which does not fit in my well. I have my back seat folded down. I'm buying a box custom box to fit in my well. I'm not buying from subthump simply because I think it's too much money for wood.

I'm buying from a brand called AudioEnhancers. I'm buying it off Ebay for $140 shipped.

http://cgi.ebay.com/AUDIO-ENHANCERS-...QQcmdZViewItem

My dilemma - I really don't want two L5's in my car. My single L5 is plently of bass for me, and those things weigh a ton and I dont want to add another one. SO - I could spend the extra $120 to buy subthump, get the AE box and cut the circle holes into squares and drop another L5 in, or get the AE box and buy 2 round subs and sell my L5. Last 2 options require aother amp.

Suggestions?
    1998 Camaro V6 \"Black Mamba\"<br />Y87<br />Whisper Lid w/ K&N filter<br />Flowmaster American Thunder<br />Numerous appearance mods.<br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2154172\" target=\"_blank\">Car Domain</a>

Re: Decisions, decions....I need advice.

I'd stick with just the one sub dude. I think you'll be happy with just one sub in the custom well box. The ones I've heard sound great. And when you want to upgrade your sub (no need for a new amp ever) you only have to buy just one.
    1999 Camaro V6 3.8L A4<br />Red, T-tops, Monsoon<br />No mods.......yet.

Comment

I did the same exact thing! i didnt want to spend that much money on a box so i bought one off ebay. almost exactly like the one your looking at. Its okay at first but it just doesnt look all that good. It doesnt flow with the rest of the rear hatch area. The subthump boxes look great and i'm getting ready to get one for 2 15's.

but to each his own!

Tyler

Comment

I'm totally a do-it-yourself guy. Be a little creative and make your own.
        Red 96' A4 Firebird
        Audio Audio and Autotek
        Check it out here!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
        Working...
        X