Questions about factory cd player

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Questions about factory cd player

ok, when i got my car it didnt have the cd player in , like the whole thing, clock, cd player and what ever else goes in that space. it has the 2 wires/connectors for it just hanging there. so my questions are: the cd players on ebay says i can use the stereo out of other chevy/pontiac cars, can I? what year camaro/firebirds can I use? should i just get an aftermarket one? but then what about the plastic that hold the cdplayer in the dash? wouldnt the aftermarket one not fit perfectly? sorry about all the questions.
    1998 bright red camaro ,M5 ,Y87 ,stock<br /><br />Originally posted by Rune:<br />If it smells like a turd and looks like a turd, chances are its probably not a candy bar.

Re: Questions about factory cd player

I say you just get am aftermarket cd player they're just all around better and a money saver if you plan on putting in subs. they sell the plastic part so that the after market cd player will fit properly. and you're gonna have to buy an antenna connector and connectors for the ones in your car that you're gonna have to splice into your aftermarket head unit. in total probably around 40 to 50 bucks to set it all up if you do it your self.
    I am the merciless God of anything that stirs in my universe!!!!

Comment

Re: Questions about factory cd player

Depends on how much you wanna spend dude. You can probably find a stock GM stereo for free if you look hard enough. If not, for real cheap then. If money isn't an issue then go aftermarket all the way. There are some good ones out there that go for less then $200.

As for you ?s. If you can find a car that is within a year or two of what you have then you should be good using a stock on. Not sure about any of chevy/pontiac cars. Seems like it should work. As for mounts for your possible new cd player...they make mounts that will get the face of the headunit as flush as possible with the rest of your console. You could even get one that is a DIN-and-1/2. They look nice.

Here's one.
      http://www.crutchfield.com/S-JBCGeYG...0&I=130DEHP47D

It would fit like a glove.
      Last edited by 99RedDragonCamaro; 05-17-2006, 09:39 PM.
      1999 Camaro V6 3.8L A4<br />Red, T-tops, Monsoon<br />No mods.......yet.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
      Working...
      X