looking to put a system in my car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• looking to put a system in my car

ok guys i am new but the first thing i want to do to my camaro is put a system in it, i am looking for probably 2 10's maybe 1 10 nothing too much, at around 1600-1800 watts max and 800-900 rms.

Re: looking to put a system in my car

Ok...how much you looking to spend grand total? Planning on installing it all yourself? Building the box yourself? Have you replaced anything audio wise in the car yet? Still using the stock headunit? Planning on replacing it? More info needed...
    Red 96' A4 Firebird
    Audio Audio and Autotek
    Check it out here!

Comment

I have a friend selling 2 15" 2006 series Kicker L7's and a custom dual sealed box from Subthump.com

He's got 300 in each sub and 450 in the box and he's selliing it all for around 800. E-mail me if your interested in talking.

AJ

Comment

Originally posted by ajennice
        I have a friend selling 2 15" 2006 series Kicker L7's and a custom dual sealed box from Subthump.com

He's got 300 in each sub and 450 in the box and he's selliing it all for around 800. E-mail me if your interested in talking.

AJ
        OH jesus is it to much for him? hehe

Comment

Not to much, just not thte bass he thought he'd gety. He listens to speed metal and I told him to ge the 3 10" woofer setup and he went the opposite way. By all means it's loud, but to basy. If you're into r@b, hip hop, or rap, this thing will hit about high 150's on the db meter.

If you or anybody you know wanna chat about these, pls let me know. I hate being the middle man, but he's no too good at talking.

AJ

Comment

if you get 1 10 go L7! in a stealth box. i have 255 in my sub 2 year warranty on it , 124 for the box shipped and 96 for the power acoustik amp that hits like a mofo for peaking the subs rms! plus cables i got wallmars ones for 27 bucks and a 80 dolor cap for looks not sure if it helps with a 620 watt peak amp on over sized power cable. all in all i could have done it for around 550 bucks. if you use a round sub for betther sound quality like a JL W3 you can save like $100.

Comment

First this you should do is say what kind of music you listen to, and then set a budget for your system. this will really help every one understand what you are tring yo do with your system. As thier are so many differant types os systems for different types of music.

Comment

If you're into r@b, hip hop, or rap, this thing will hit about high 150's on the db meter.
                :bs: Not in a stock f-bod :bs:
                Red 96' A4 Firebird
                Audio Audio and Autotek
                Check it out here!

Comment

not stock, has 2 optimas, dynamat, alot of amp powewr, and good processors. But the Audiocontrol Epic EQ has a 150 db meter built in and it pegs 150 if you lay it on the amp rack in the rear.

Comment

not stock, has 2 optimas, dynamat, alot of amp powewr, and good processors. But the Audiocontrol Epic EQ has a 150 db meter built in and it pegs 150 if you lay it on the amp rack in the rear.
                    I meant in stock class. As in without serious interior mods. Over 150 wouldn't be unbelievable, but high 150's is a huge difference. Also, #'s you get on the amp rack 1' from the subs are obviously irrelavant.
                    Last edited by 96firebird311; 05-31-2006, 10:27 AM.
                    Red 96' A4 Firebird
                    Audio Audio and Autotek
                    Check it out here!

Comment

i sware every time some one asks for sugestions for a system 2 guys always argue about a huge system thats probable more then the persons looking for.

Comment

Okay here is something to think about if you want 1 10 maybe and 800-900 watts rms, you are looking at a very serious SPL oriented sub.

How much bass do you want, what kind of music do you listen to, and exactly what type of sound are you looking for, sound quality where everything is kinda defined and sounds smooth or crushing bass from spl that you feel vibrate your entire car, without going to the extent of vibrating the car next to you.

There are too many factors that come into play.
                        No offense, but the simple idea that you say not too much only 1 10" maybe and 800 watts, tells me you don't know alot about equipment, because 1 10" and not alot generally means Sound Quality style, and 800 watts per sub is serious SPL stuff. Let us in on a bit of what exactly you are looking for and I'm sure we can provide you with a few better fitted opinions.

To the 150db, ya that requires alot more than a battery or two and a cap, we are talking about tons of sound dampening and probably some complete interior mods to actually hit 150db properly tested. Heck my 10's would hit 150 is I put a mic right between them, and those are only 200 watts a piece.
                        1995 Camaro 3.4 A4<br /><br />CAI,IAT Relocate

Comment

I don't think he'll be back to answer. He has had 1 post, and that was the beginning of the month.
                          <b><i>Don\'t Ever Judge Me</i></b><br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/earnhardt132000\" target=\"_blank\">\'96 Firebird Y87 3.8L V6 5spd</a><br />--No mods as of yet, shoot me some ideas if ya want.<br />178,000 miles and counting

Comment

Originally posted by Earnhardt132000
                            I don't think he'll be back to answer. He has had 1 post, and that was the beginning of the month.
                            Noticed that too. Thats why I didn't mind taking it a little off topic.:stp:
                            Red 96' A4 Firebird
                            Audio Audio and Autotek
                            Check it out here!

Comment

i'm back to post.. just have more to do than watch for replies...

All I can say is the setup isn't mine. I told the guy what he'd be best getting for what he wanted sound and volume wise. He went opposite and now is wishing he'd listened to someone with more than 15 years experience doing audio work.

I did tell him to try to get the 2 stealth boxes....wasn't happening. he wants more volume than what 2 10's produce. He also has a monster 3000 watt amp that requires 2 battereis and he's got 1 optima now in his drivers side area where the stealth box would go.... so that shoots the stealth ideas.

Honestly, if a top level technician or someone like Richard Clark told him what he needed for what he wants, he'd go totally opposite thinking that they're wrong. He had origianlly thought of putting his 2 Solox 10's in there. That's what I would of done.. but NOOO!!! Need more cone space that 20 square inches. If you gave him 10,000 reasons why to do something 1 way he wouldn't not sleep till he came up with 10,001 ways not to do it that way.. be good points or not. Anymore I just let him make the decisions and build the stuff and charge him for it.
                              Lately, I have built him 3 different boxes for a single 12" Solox ( small sealed, Lager ported, and a small ported) 2 boxes for 2 10" solox's ( same vehicle - dual sealed and a dual port)..all in a span of 2 months simply because he doesn't listen.

He went out and bought the cheapest line of Kicker separates and wonders why they don't produce any good levels of volume. Simply because they were Kicker and were on e-bay for 60.00 a set ( wonder why the other sets are like 200 and above....must be something there to make them cost more) he wanted and insisted on mounting a mid in the rear seat area ( stock location) and then mounting the tweeter in the rear speaker area in the hatch just to fill in that space. that sound really sucked He later moved them to the rear seat location, and now is toying with putting a 4" coax in the rear?!?!?!!? Dunno why.. you won't hear the damn thing

All in all if done right with the same amount of money he had spent, he should of used his HU, EQ and amps he had, used MB quart premiums in the front and rears ( not the very rear), used his 2 Solo X 10's ( already had them) and had the box built just a touch lager to accomodate the space needed by the subs. Honestly, it would of ran him about 700 cheaper to have done it this way

He has changed his setups more than his socks!!! LOL.
                              I have not changed any of my setups since day 1. In my 03 Celica I have 2 L7 12's with an Autotek 2400 running them, 2 6.5 MB Quart comps with 4x100 Autotek on them it has the slam and the SQ to make me happy. In My Supra I have a SOLO X 10 in the tuner Ported box with an Autotek 1500.1 on it and 2 sets of Quart comps sets powered by anoither Autotek. The single 10 will outhit thte 2 12's but i can control the 10 with an Epicenter and some outer processors. All it takes is listening to someone that knows the products, and has the know how/ experience to match the stuff up and come out to the place you desire. Hit and Miss is just way too expensive and time consuming.

Like I said in my origianl post.. He wants to sell them becasue he F*cked up!

AJ

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X