what box(s) should i get for the bird - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what box(s) should i get for the bird

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what box(s) should i get for the bird

OK here is my situation, i blew the solobaric and am selling that box, BUT i am upgrading all my stuff, and it is almost like starting over, i have to buy subs( i am going to 2) and box(s)

Q is Ttop box or 2 stealth boxes, ok b4 u lmk what ya think let me tell ya MY adv. and disadv. and LMK what ya think

TTop box:

adv. still hold ttops, wiring will be easier for the subs

dis.: more expensive not as stealthy, and it is 1.1 cu ft per sub(i only need .5-.8 cu ft)

Stealth boxes:

adv.: stealthy still, a lil cheaper, .66 cu ft which is good for the subs

dis.: wiring will be a *****(if even poss.) for my mono amp, i will have to cut my pass. panel!

and last but not least should i go ahead and get a backwall amp rack, i am worried about it being to cluttered with the 2 subs and the amps all right there, i have the amps in a mount in b/w my rear seats and the hatch panel, and are covered with my firebird mat(but can overheat with mat in the heat) they will be able to breathe a lil better on the backwall i think

kinda a lotta **** but LMK what you guys think i should do

Re: what box(s) should i get for the bird

Is there a reason you want two subs? My one JL hits pretty hard, I couldn't imagine getting anything more in my car. You might just want to start with buying the driver side stealth, and then seeing how it sounds, if you want more, then get the passenger side. Will save you a few hundred too. As long as you get a quality sub, it'll hit perfect.
    2002 Silver Metallic A4 Firebird - All Options
    Hotchkis STB, Custom Madrel Bent 3" Exhaust, Pacesetter Headers, Whisper Lid, FT Ram Air, K&N Air Filter, D2S HID, Baer Rotors, !EGR, !MAF, 10% tint, Parrot CK3300

Your Mom or My Dad?

Comment

When using a sealed box, you can almost never have enough space. Obviously there is a limit.... but it's FAR FAR more then 1.1cuft. Infact in this case, I would consider that an advantage. With more space, efficiency and low frequency extension increases.

Wiring between the stealth boxes would be a touch more difficult, but not even close to impossible. Wouldn't have even considered that a problem. Don't let 15 minutes extra work weigh on your decision of what type of box is going in your car.

I don't know why you think things would be cluttered with the rear wall amp rack. Looks great in every pic I've seen. Keeps your amp(s) uncovered and out of thieves eyesight.
      Red 96' A4 Firebird
      Audio Audio and Autotek
      Check it out here!

Comment

Originally posted by Skapimp
        My one JL hits pretty hard, I couldn't imagine getting anything more in my car.
        heh heh heh Click my sig.:D

I've had people ask to hear what my system's got.... and then get pissed off because I didn't warn them it was THAT loud!:D :D
        Last edited by 96firebird311; 05-04-2006, 10:24 AM.
        Red 96' A4 Firebird
        Audio Audio and Autotek
        Check it out here!

Comment

tHANKS SOO MUCH KEN!!!

reasons for wanting 10 instead of 1:
          ~solobaric was a greats sub and impressed alot of ppl
          ~ dont think i can really go anything less than the solo(spl) because i have had that for so long and if nething want more than less(not much more but ehh)
          ~ hard to find a bigger sub than the solo to fot in a stealth box(space issues)
          ~ more displacement= louder as ken was explaining this in my other thred as he said one IDmax= 2 funky pups LOL, of course the SOLO was great and was VERY impressive for one, but ehh since this happened i want to upgrade
          ~ dont make a ttop box for one 10, and i want a 10 due to the tightness and better SQ but still have decent SPL too

Comment

Hey Spike! Hey Spike! What are we gonna do today spike?! Hey Spike!
            Red 96' A4 Firebird
            Audio Audio and Autotek
            Check it out here!

Comment

:naughty: i think that one on the left is one of those funky pups u talking about right? lol yeah i think w/e that goes to that one sub would be able to do the trick!!!

Comment

if your going to to L7's again i would go with a ported box for sure.

ported>sealed

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                Working...
                X