If your looking for a new H/U...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If your looking for a new H/U...

and your worried about lights on it matching the interior lighting of your camaro/firebird. Panasonic is making a h/u with ability to change the colors of the buttons and the display screen by over 9,000 colors! It was mentioned on LS1tech so I went to the local audio store to check it out. The specs are great and it sounds even better than my Pioneer 6700! If you set the colors right, it'll match the rest of your interior lights perfectly.
    Just letting ya'll know about it. http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAu...roductID=16841

Re: If your looking for a new H/U...

My alpine 9835 is able to do that and it looks great.
    Representin' Team Red In The North

Red '96 Pontiac Firebird "Smokeshow" 3800, M5, Far From Stock!!

Black/Red '89 Jeep Cherokee "Tigerclaw" Chev 327, Turbo 400... Stock What??

Black/Red '02 Honda CBR 954RR Fireblade

Comment

How's the sound quality on this headunit? I've been looking at the Kenwood KDC MP828 as my next head unit. This one doesn't look to bad and flea bay has it for 180 shipped.....
      http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2287597

:( SOLD! NO LONGER A CAMARO OWNER :(

Comment

It sounds pretty good, better than my pioneer 6700. It has three 5v preouts, while mine has two 2.2v preouts. Seriously considering this for my camaro. Mine stands out so much with the blue display and green lighted buttons that I can hardly stand it anymore. Then when I get a T/A WS6 I could change the display and button colors to red, to match the interior lighting.

Technical Specs
        Satellite Radio Ready: Yes
        Satellite Radio Ready: The receiver is compatible with optional tuners that will receive digital satellite radio broadcasts such as Sirius or XM Satellite Radio. The digital satellite service must be subscribed to separately.
        RMS Power Output: 18 Watts
        RMS: Root Mean Square is a formula that provides a reasonably accurate means of measuring and comparing continuous AC power. The use of this measure is preferred when matching system components, like amplifiers and receivers.
        Preamp Voltage: 5 volts
        Preamp Voltage: Refers to the strength of the pre-amp outputs. Generally, higher output voltages make it easier to get a cleaner and a more noise free signal delivered to amps and pre-amps.
        Subwoofer Preamp Outputs: Yes
        Preamp Output: Typically found on headunits, a preamp output provides low level, high quality audio signal for use with external amplifiers.
        Maximum Power: 50 Watts
        Maximum Power: The amount of power a speaker is estimated to handle during a brief high-intensity musical burst. Since this can vary with both frequency and amplitude, it is a much less accurate way to judge speaker durability and performance than RMS.
        DIN: 1
        DIN: Acronym for Deutsche Industrie Norm (Deutsches Institut fuer Normung), the German standardization body. A world reference standard for the mounting parameters of many common receivers ( Head ends) as well as other types of cables and equipment.
        Changer Control: Yes
        Changer Control: Receivers with changer controls operate same-brand/compatible CD or MD multi-disc changers.
        CD Text: Yes
        CD Text: The receiver can display disc and song title information contained on CD-Text encoded discs.
        Built-in EQ: Yes
        CD-R/CD-RW Compatible: Yes
        Remote Control: Yes
        Detachable Face: Yes

Features
        Maximum Output Power: 50W x 4
        Power Output: 18W RMS x 4
        MOS-FET Output Stage
        SRS WOW
        High & Low Pass Filters (crossover)
        SBC-SW (Super Bass Controlled Subwoofer)
        Dual (5V/60 ohms) Pre-Amp Outputs
        Subwoofer Output (Level/Impedance): 5V/60 ohms
        Satellite Radio Ready
        Ready for iPod
        Hands-Free Phone System Ready (using CY-BT100U hands-free kit featuring Bluetooth technology)
        Expansion Module Ready
        MP3/WMA Playback
        CD-R/CD-RW Playback
        Frequency Response (±1dB): 20Hz - 20kHz
        S/N Ratio: 96dB
        THD (1kHz): 0.01%
        Channel Separation (1kHz): 75dB
        CD Changer Control
        Variable Color Display with up to 9261 color variations
        High Definition 3D Dot Matrix Display
        Large Rotary Knob
        Super Bright Display with Dimmer
        Blue Button Illumination Color with up to 9261 color variations
        Fully Motorized Front Panel
        Open Face CD Access
        Removable Faceplate
        Wireless Remote Control
        Dimensions (H x W x D): 1-15/16" x 7" x 6-1/8"

Comment

The last 2 kenwoods I had could change from green to red, so it matched perfectly for me. If you plan on selling your car and pulling the H/U out then I guess you may need 9000 diffrent colors. Sounds like over kill to me but I'm sure it will sell and people will say "my H/U changes 9000 colors"......On a side not I have 3 10" MTX subs and 6 6.5" infiniti's so I would not know anything about overkill, lol
          Originally posted by kala
          I'll have buttsecks with Richard Simmons!

TEAM BLACK!!!
          parting her out

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
          Working...
          X