stereo died! Help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• stereo died! Help!

ok first off i want to say that i know absolutely nothing about stereos. i bought Panosonic CQ-C5110U. It has the tilt feature and detachable faceplate. i bought it at circuit city over a year ago and they installed it. i have had no problems with until now. i'm driving down the road and all the sudden it says power dwn and turns off just like it would if i turned the car off. i then detach the faceplate and put it back on and it works. later it did it again and didn't come back. when you take the faceplate off, the little red light flashes so i guess it has power. like i said it shuts off like it would if the car shut off. its no just dying. what is wrong?

Re: stereo died! Help!

i would say the unit itself could be going bad, or it could have a faulty connection in the wiring harness

Comment

Ehhh,... sounds kinda fishy. Your unit may very well be taking a dump on you. Does it power on at all now? Try removing it from the vehicle and connecting just the powers and ground. Power up?
      Red 96' A4 Firebird
      Audio Audio and Autotek
      Check it out here!

Comment

i was afraid it would be the H/U (i am unemployed now and trying to start on the car) so i went to circuit cityto shop for a new H/U just in case. i told them my situation and it turned out to be one of the wires in the back. it was supposedly a defected one that they issued around the time i got my H/U. Its fixed now. Thanks for the help tho.

Comment

you see, i am simply a genious :), pretty sure i didnt spell that right, but i'm smart enough that i dont have to!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
          Working...
          X