Worth it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Worth it?

I have a single 12' L5 being pushed by a Viper D600.1 (1200watts). Originally I was going to buy a dual 12' box to fit in my well and cut the circles into squares and drop another 12' L5 in. Now after some pondering i've decide against going with 2 12's simply b/c it would be a lot of money and I dont really need it. Instead i'm going to get a blank (no holes) box for my well area and cut it to what I want. I was thinking since i'm going with a single sub, maybe I should get a 15' L5 to reaplce the 12'? I could sell my 12' and box and nearly break even on a 15'. But the thing is I just got this amp and I dont want to upgrade. So, my question is would it be worth it to upgrade a 12' L5 to a 15' L5 but keep the same 1200watt amp???

Btw the box is from AudioEnhancers and is custom made for a Camaro. They can be had for $145 shipped on ebay. I'm going through a local dealer to see if I can get it cheaper, but they are good quality boxes and lots cheaper than subthump. Anyway the box is sealed and is 3 cubes of air space fwiw.
    1998 Camaro V6 \"Black Mamba\"<br />Y87<br />Whisper Lid w/ K&N filter<br />Flowmaster American Thunder<br />Numerous appearance mods.<br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2154172\" target=\"_blank\">Car Domain</a>

Re: Worth it?

Those subs really don't like to be under powered, so I would say stick with the 12". 3 cu. ft. sealed is too much according to the L5 manual (2 cu. ft. max. I'd say build your own ported box using the specs in the L5 manual under "Street Bass".
    <b><i>Don\'t Ever Judge Me</i></b><br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/earnhardt132000\" target=\"_blank\">\'96 Firebird Y87 3.8L V6 5spd</a><br />--No mods as of yet, shoot me some ideas if ya want.<br />178,000 miles and counting

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
    Working...
    X