car won't start

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• car won't start

i started to hook an amp up to my factory deck last night and it didn't work.
    i soddered jumper wires off the rear two speakers +L,-L and +R, -R... then i ran them to the high input on the amp. i ran a power off the battery, and a ground to one of the seatbelt tiedowns. the amp just clicked.... so i disconnected it all.
    now when i turn the key....nothing happens. the radio will play, but the car won't start. the sololinoid won't even click like if the battery was dead. i tried jumping it w/ my truck, and nothing happens. none of the gauges on the dash work at all, but the radio will play, and all the lights work. when you turn the key, you can hear the fuel pump (i think that's what it is) working. is this a fuse blown....?? like one of the two big gray ones in the underhood section?
    when you turn the key, the clock LED display on the radio drains totally.

yep...ended up being a fuse.
    i checked them all, and i must have missed it, but now after an hour of teaching myself the wireing diagram of our cars, it all makes sense. so the day wasn't a total loss, because i learned :)
    Last edited by 2000birdv6; 04-19-2006, 07:02 PM. Reason: issue solved

Re: car won't start

Sounds wierd because mine was hooked up like that at first and it worked. You did not mention it but did you hook up a remote wire. I dont think that would cause that problem though. If it was not installed the amp would not get power.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
    Working...
    X