Adding the 2 rear hatch speakers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adding the 2 rear hatch speakers

Alright, my bird came with the base stereo. 2 speakers in the front doors and 2 speakers on the backseat side panels. I have aftermarket speakers in both locations and im running an aftermarket deck as well. Question is, can i add the 2 rear hatch speakers? The outline is on the back panels for where the speakers should go, it just isnt cutout with speakers. I could easily cutout the outline for where the speakers should go, or i could just find the panels that already have them cutout. The problem is the deck only has a 4 chanel output, and i would have 6 speakers? How could i hook them up so they would work? Get a separate amp to run them, or could you splice into the rear speaker wires and run wires back to the hatch speakers? i know that would cut the power in half, so that really isnt an option for me. any suggestions?
    Black 1996 3.8 Firebird T5, SLP CAI, Pacesetter Ceramic Headers,160* t-stat, PCMforLess Tune, Flowmaster American Thunder catback, Car Sounds Cat, custom s-pipe, MSD coils and wires, NGK plugs, 3.42 posi rear, B&M Ripper, 245/50 BFG-G-force's

Re: Adding the 2 rear hatch speakers

Don't do it. You don't hear the speakers way back there anyways, they are just little 4 inchers. The money can be spent on much better stuff.
    <b><i>Don\'t Ever Judge Me</i></b><br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/earnhardt132000\" target=\"_blank\">\'96 Firebird Y87 3.8L V6 5spd</a><br />--No mods as of yet, shoot me some ideas if ya want.<br />178,000 miles and counting

Comment

Originally posted by Earnhardt132000
      Don't do it. You don't hear the speakers way back there anyways, they are just little 4 inchers. The money can be spent on much better stuff.
      thats funny, my 6.5 pioneers crank back there, I get mostly highs, some mids, but it all bounces off the rear glass....do it, you'll be happy you did when you really wanna crank your stereo.

"Money can't buy me happiness, but I'm happiest when I can buy what I want"
      05' CTS-V
      00' Camaro - SOLD :(

Comment

dont listen to the first reply i can hear mines same as other guy mostly highs n mid the glass helps alot and i even have two 12's back there but if you can afford a cheap amp like 60dollars then i would go with that to power em cause i dont recommend you splicing into your back speakers to power them
        \"its been long over due\"

Comment

If you have good enough fronts, theres no need for anything else.
          <b><i>Don\'t Ever Judge Me</i></b><br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/earnhardt132000\" target=\"_blank\">\'96 Firebird Y87 3.8L V6 5spd</a><br />--No mods as of yet, shoot me some ideas if ya want.<br />178,000 miles and counting

Comment

The 2 sail panel speakers would improve your sound stage. I wouldn't look for a major improvement over what you have since you already upgraded the front 4 and head unit, but you will be able to tell a difference nonetheless.
            2001 Arctic White Firebird<br />More mods than I\'m allowed to list!

Comment

I custom my car and put 2 6.5 and 2 12inch subs back there and my system sound great. I beat harder then my friend who has 2 15 inch subs

Comment

can you fit 6.5s with the stock grills back there?

Comment

Originally posted by bah
                  can you fit 6.5s with the stock grills back there?
                  yes, a little trimming, and ghetto mounting, but they fit under the grills just fine.

"Money can't buy me happiness, but I'm happiest when I can buy what I want"
                  05' CTS-V
                  00' Camaro - SOLD :(

Comment

yeah trimming and ghetto mounting but it look great

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X