For those of you with T-tops and subwoofer/amp box but no where to put it... - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

For those of you with T-tops and subwoofer/amp box but no where to put it...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For those of you with T-tops and subwoofer/amp box but no where to put it...

...build a box on top!

This was a custom made amp box made by my boyfriend after realizing the only other option was to shove my t-tops squished behind a box on the bottom part of my trunk.
    This way, I can still store my t-tops safely on the bottom where they are supposed to be :cool:

Re: For those of you with T-tops and subwoofer/amp box but no where to put it...

clever, carpet color is just a bit off it seems, but i like it.

96 V6 A4 Camaro and 99 Z28 A4 Camaro
    Visit My F-Body Page

Comment

Re: For those of you with T-tops and subwoofer/amp box but no where to put it...

I dont like it really, doesnt look clean. They do sell an amp rack that you can mount to the back and still fit your t tops.
      Just my .02 but it's your car.
      *Matt

Old people shouldnt use the internet.

Comment

it's a bad picture... I should have taken it standing at a different angle, and the color is off.
        The carpet is actually black, which looks a lot better than the gray look in the picture

Comment

I like it its a good idea. I went with the amp rack. :)
          2002 Firebird<br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2106142/1\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2106142/1</a>

Comment

Looks decently clean and all... but like all boxes or amp racks built on that shelf, it's easily visable to thieves.

In case someone doesn't already know.....subthump sells amp rack for the rear wall.
            http://www.subthump.com/acamarorack2.htm
            Red 96' A4 Firebird
            Audio Audio and Autotek
            Check it out here!

Comment

^^^ Yeah that is the amp rack i was reffering to.
              *Matt

Old people shouldnt use the internet.

Comment

This kind of amp rack will get your $hit stolen.

I had it happen to me.

Put it in the spare tire or back wall!!!!!!

Comment

I thought of that.... since it's been installed, I have gotten really dark tint in the back window, and since the box itself is also black, you can't see it at all when looking in.

Comment

I like the computer cooling fans used to circulate air inside the amp box.
                    2001 Arctic White Firebird<br />More mods than I\'m allowed to list!

Comment

looks good, but fbodyaudio.com has some that fit in the ttop area and still have opening for the ttops, big ups on the box and idea, he did a good job.
                      Welcome future UK stars... Darius Miller, Deandre Liggins, Kevin Galloway, Josh Harrellson

Comment

Originally posted by s4983
                        I thought of that.... since it's been installed, I have gotten really dark tint in the back window, and since the box itself is also black, you can't see it at all when looking in.
                        I tired that, 5% on the back. Still didn't help anything, and I wasn't an *** about blasting it around either. Just warning you, I would get some steel cable, epoxy, and hooks, and secure that amp in and the box.

Comment

Eh wont fit for me, I built my own backwall amp rack for my 2 amps, and enclosed it off with fans for better cooling., 1 sub on each side in the back, and the other two where your amps are up there. Soon though it all gets to come out, same with the interior... No more stereo for me, my '95 is going to be pretty solid track after this winter...
                          1995 Camaro 3.4 A4<br /><br />CAI,IAT Relocate

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X