Is this true?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this true?

I was watching Trucks! this morning and Stacy was mounting a VCR into an Explorer. He says any time you mount something like a VCR, amp, etc that you need to be sure to leave a gap in between the unit and the floor so it can get air underneath it to help cool it, if not it will overheat and burn up. Is this true? I've never heard it before, but it does make a whole lot of sense.
    1998 Camaro V6 \"Black Mamba\"<br />Y87<br />Whisper Lid w/ K&N filter<br />Flowmaster American Thunder<br />Numerous appearance mods.<br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2154172\" target=\"_blank\">Car Domain</a>

Re: Is this true?

It will help, but is not neccesary. Amps have heavy solid metal heatsinks on the top and sometimes sides. Some amps have fins as well. Example:

These keep heat into a safe range. Also, don't forget... heat rises.:)

P.S. ....... who the hell uses VCRs anymore?
    Red 96' A4 Firebird
    Audio Audio and Autotek
    Check it out here!

Comment

lol yah i remember seeing this episode a few years ago, as long as its not wedged in sumwhere it should be fine
      97 Camaro 3.8 5 speed<br />Cat Back <br />SS rims<br /><br />Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder

Comment

Only thing you have to watch for as being its a VCR or DVD player really, if all the openings for the air gaps are on the bottom, hence you use like a home a/v unit well then you really should, but most mobile units have all the vents in the back and might even have a fan, leave some room back and a few inchs up and you are pretty safe 99% of the time.

If you want to just be a little extra safe set it up on 1/4" washers or so just to give it a bit.
        1995 Camaro 3.4 A4<br /><br />CAI,IAT Relocate

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
        Working...
        X