putting in sub/amp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• putting in sub/amp

I just bought a stage one 300 watt Rockford sub and a bassworks box with a cheap bazooka amp to supply the power. I've already got 4 decent 3-way Rockford speakers and a kenwood deck installed. I guess its pretty obvious that I'm not going for anything too extravagent. The amp fits in the trunk behind the rear wheel well (opposite to the spare tire) and the box that I have fits in the t-top storage. I have t-tops and I do intend to use them, so I'm looking for a setup that will be flexible. My box also fits directly in the centre of the back shelf with the hatch closed with about an inch clearance to the glass. My questions are as follows.
    1) Do you guys think that being that close to the glass will cause my glass to break?
    2) What do you guys think the best setup for all of this will be, keeping in mind that I want to be able to keep the utility of the t-top storage and not gut the car.
    Pics would be greatly appreciated and thanks for any help!
    Last edited by Mike88; 04-14-2006, 12:09 PM.

Re: putting in sub/amp

I would suggest the T-top box, but it sounds like you don't want to spend that much money. Its $275+ for the box at www.subthump.com.

If your sub is a 10", you could get either the driver's side or passenger side stealth box (http://www.subthump.com/acamarostealth.htm) and then get an amp rack for the amp (http://www.subthump.com/acamarorack2.htm).
    Last edited by Earnhardt132000; 04-14-2006, 10:24 AM.
    <b><i>Don\'t Ever Judge Me</i></b><br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/earnhardt132000\" target=\"_blank\">\'96 Firebird Y87 3.8L V6 5spd</a><br />--No mods as of yet, shoot me some ideas if ya want.<br />178,000 miles and counting

Comment

Great advice! I just spent 330 bucks on all this. I'm a student and so my biggest problem is money. I'll probably just go with the box I have for now and eventually get my hands on one of those driver's side stealth enclosures. However, once I've got the stealth enclosure where do you figure is the best place for my amp, given that I'm probably not going to have enough to dish out for the wall amp rack?

Comment

Yeah your setup now would be good until you get the money for something else. I would just be worried about thieves looking in your back window and seeing gold in their eyes. It shouldn't really hurt your hatch glass, but if you are worried about it you could aim the sub either towards the front or back (if it fits that way). And if/when you get the stealth box, you could always modify (cut) the passenger side panel and stick the amp over there. That is, if you don't mind cutting up the plastic.

And I know what you mean about being short on money. Hell, I'm 17 and starting college next year. It won't be easy, but I sure will make it fun :).
        <b><i>Don\'t Ever Judge Me</i></b><br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/earnhardt132000\" target=\"_blank\">\'96 Firebird Y87 3.8L V6 5spd</a><br />--No mods as of yet, shoot me some ideas if ya want.<br />178,000 miles and counting

Comment

No worry there on the hatch glass, unless the sub literally hits the glass.

I had 2000 RMS off 2 Power 1000A2 amps, pushing 2 15" Power DVC Rockford subs, aiming straight up at my rear hatch of my '89 Iroc... I blew the window seal once on it...

Takes alot more power than people think to break windows..

I'm pushing 850 watts RMS split between 4 10" MB Quart subs in the back of my '95 Camaro now, and no worries again.
          1995 Camaro 3.4 A4<br /><br />CAI,IAT Relocate

Comment

ttop box is great..this is my current setup..(1200 watt amp)..

http://www.fullthrottlev6.com/upload...6/DSCN0008.JPG

..the only problem i had was a sqeak when the sub thumped hard..turned out my spare just needed to be tightened
            <b>12 SECOND DUAL STAGE DRY NITROUS POWERED 98 A4 V6 CAMARO<br /><a href=\"http://www.mysickcamaro.50megs.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.MySickCamaro.50megs.com</a><br />Best ET: 12.82@103<br />Best MPH: 104.7<br />Best 60\': 1.75 - Stock TC</b><br /> </font><blockquote><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\">quote:</font><hr /><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\">Originally posted by Shodown:<br /><strong>1DV6 runs 12\'s...enough said. </strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\">

Comment

Originally posted by Nikos95
              Takes alot more power than people think to break windows..
              Yeah it does. My ENTIRE hatch gets pushed out almost an inch when I'm bumpin hard. Some rattles just cannot be stopped! LOL!:D
              Red 96' A4 Firebird
              Audio Audio and Autotek
              Check it out here!

Comment

Hey guys, thanks for all the advice. I'm new both to Camaros and sound systems. I just got my Camaro a couple of months ago and asides from changing speakers in past cars, I've never done much to improve a sound system. I'm anxiously awaiting a stealth box that I ordered off of Ebay. Just waiting for it and then I'll go ahead with the install. Hope everything sounds good. As is my rockford speakers do a nice job, but looking forward to some extra bass. Anyway, that's my story, just wanted to say thanks to all!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                Working...
                X